Animal Repopulation Program Announced

Started by Thorin, July 12, 2012, 03:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Animal Repopulation Program Announced

Having noticed a decline in the general population of pigs, cows, chickens, and sheep in the southern frontier, frontiersman ThorinC has announced a bold new animal repopulation program.  "Well, it all started with a search for animals for my barn; when I saw how far I had to look for them, I decided that I would find some breeding pairs and try and introduce new herds into the wild", ThorinC said, explaining that this would require a stable supply of wheat which he now has on-hand.

Help is Welcome

"This will be a pretty big undertaking, so I welcome any help anyone is willing to lend", ThorinC says, "If you're able to release animals into the wild, or breed animals already in the wild, please do so whenever you have the chance".  ThorinC also stated that anyone willing to breed the animals in his barn and release some of them is welcome to do so, as long as at least two of each type remain in the barn for breeding.

"Hopefully we can restore the southern frontier to its bleating, oinking, mooing paradise of old!"
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

"Murder Machine" Melbosa ensured that cow aggression would be minimal at best near spawn.

There are tales told of the sound of animals underground near an ancient animal totem made of stone.

Meanwhile in Edge City we have A cow.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 12, 2012, 03:48:47 PM
"Murder Machine" Melbosa ensured that cow aggression would be minimal at best near spawn.

Yeah therapy has helped calm my murderous side.  Two days a week and a grinder or to later and I'm good
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Operation Repopulation is in full swing, and there are a bunch of chickens, cows, sheep, and pigs wandering around near Frontier Hotel.  I've tried to lure some of them away to the southern plains (http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-14/64/638/-1/0/0).  I'll try and get them to spread out a little further from there as well, up towards the cathedral (http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-101/64/177/-2/0/0).  But holidays are fast approaching so I'll be offline for over a week.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

For Immediate Release

Operation Repopulation Slowly Working

ThorinC, as CEO of Usamot's newest company Thor Industries Corp (TIC), apologizes for the glacially-slow effects of Operation Repopulation.  "While we have been releasing herd animals into the wild whenever possible, this has not been a priority for our group of companies", ThorinC explains, "Construction and general resource gathering has been of paramount importance to us lately."

TIC hopes to ramp up Operation Repopulation after New Year's, with the stated goal of cows in Spawn City by spring break.  This will, of course, require hand-wrangling cows seven hundred blocks or more, past the unfinished Hogwart's and through monster-infested swamplands.  "It is our mission and we will complete it", ThorinC says with bravado.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

For Immediate Release

Ranch Established in Spawn City

Thor Industries Corp has established a small ranch right in the heart of Spawn City.  A small number of cows, pig, sheep, and chickens are being housed in an underground barn, and being bred into a large population.  Thor Industries Corp will release these animals once the population is sufficient.

"I ask the great citizens of Usamot to help us in growing these herds; if a lord of Usamot finds themselves near the ranch, please feel free to feed the animals so that they will breed and grow a-plenty!  However, try not to release any into the wild, as the herds must first become large enough to survive predation", ThorinC declares, speaking as the CEO of Thor Industries, "I look forward to the day that all of Spawn City is bleating, mooing, oinking, and bock-bocking again."
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

For Immediate Release

Animal Releases Have Started

Thor Industries Corp (TIC) has begun releasing animals into the wild.  Many were thought to have gone missing, but were instead trapped in currents in the moat-like water around the home found here: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-122/64/-141/max/0/0.  ThorinC hired a fluid dynamics engineering firm and had them study the problem; the answer was that the water was too rough and needed to be smoothed out.  ThorinC then set about smoothing out the water.  After this, animals previously trapped could escape the watery dungeon.

The Spawn City Urban Ranch has been expanded, with a full glass roof and four separate pens for pigs, chickens, cows, and sheep.  A proper corridor has also been build to facilitate animal release.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

To the Lords of Usamot: please report if you have started seeing animals (pigs, chickens, cows, sheep) wandering around Spawn City.  Thor Industries is attempting to verify the success or failure of its animal release program.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I fed the cows to the sheep and the sheep to the chicken and then loosed the chickens, then the wolves ate the chickens who where eaten by zombies who were exploded by creepers, which fell into piles of gunpowder which was used to make a potion which was thrown to the ocean where a squid popped the lid and drank it.

the squid glitched through a wall and slid across the hall and was in and out of lava which eventually crashed Java

Then some coal fell through a hole and landed on a slime that wasn't wasting any time that was slain by a spider that had a skellington for a rider that ascended through the caves, and made it past the waves only to die upon the shore next to the open door to a hut made of bricks with a chest chock full of sticks that were crafted into fences that were used for road defences that were leading back to spawn where a jukebox played a song that floated through the heavens and rode upon the winds and sang out to all the animals to find somewhere to live. They didn't move too fast but they came upon some glass and without a wooden bowl found a way into the hole

And the animals all lived
in a place where they began
and I just wasted about 5 minutes writing this crap
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

lol

I like how you switch from non-rhyming to rhyming and it's one giant stream of consciousness :)

Anyway, I'm wondering if the animals are still around, despawning, or travelling away from the snowy biome.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

They were still there as of yesterday evening :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

The Animal Repopulation Center is built underground (though with a glass roof), and has a hallway for releasing animals out into the wild.  This hallway used to have double doors at the end, but whenever animals were side by side they wouldn't be able to path through the doors (each cow / pig / sheep takes up one block, the doors when open protrude into the block a little, neither animal lets the other first, so they get stuck).  To remedy the animals not going through the double doors, I built a piston door with sand, with a button both on the inside and the outside that both opens and closes it.  Images attached.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful