Battlefield 2 Booster Pack preview

Started by Ustauk, January 13, 2006, 07:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

It looks like Heroscape isn't the only game that  will be releasing booster packs.  I'm so hoping the A10 comes with the Armour pack :)

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/01/12/bf2_euro_force/1.html

Shayne

The best release ever for Battlefield was 1.00 of 1942.  A time when vehicles while powerful were not overly so.  A time when an airplane was a new toy and people didnt spend an entire 30 minute round flying around wracking up -10 kills. I long for the old days

Melbosa

Not that this is a good place for this, but Shayne buddy, you doing ok?  Your posts have had a very negative tone to them as of late.

As for the original BF, the jeeps were roaming BFGs, which was totally unbalanced, but other than that, yeah I get what you mean.  Although from what I hear of peeps still playing online the latest version, its really sticking to the squad and tactic side.  Something BF always was meant to do, but didn't quite pull off.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Hey, nothing wrong with loading a jeep full of C4 and turning it into a mobile bomb... tanks schmanks

The best patch that came out, to me, was one of the final ones before Secret Weapons (the one that had Canadian forces etc) most of the vehicles were properly balanced by then (i.e. a Sherman couldn't take out a Tiger all by itself head on, etc).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

I bought the 2 expansions, and i bought BF2, and really i found it very fustrating to play.

I liked the globalness of the game, the first time i saw 1942 was a beta i downloaded.  The first time you see jets fly overhead and tanks rumble by and realize that its player controlled is really an awe inspiring moment.  It really was the first time in a long time that i got shivers from the sheer possibilities of such a technology.

However within a couple months the airplanes became overpowered (taking down a Zero with an AA gun wasnt even an option), tanks started camping spawn points *just out of the range of "capturing it"*.  Snipers were using distance hacks, and many servers converted to CTF.

Im negative lately because i feel lately that most things gaming related are headed in a negative direction.  Do we really need another GTA?  BF2 was buggy as hell yet they divert talent to a poorly recieved expansion pack (i havent played it since Frag), Quake 4 is brutal on the 360 (not much better on PC).  We need more originality out there.

Ive been playing Sacrifice again, its a shame that Shiny would go and make such a killer game, to mass produce Matrix and Blade games.  For shame!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Melbosa"Not that this is a good place for this, but Shayne buddy, you doing ok?  Your posts have had a very negative tone to them as of late.

I call it the Downside Factor, it takes normally even tempered people and bitters 'em up a notch.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Ha Ha.  Hidden meaning?  I actually enjoy what i do now, much more then previous.

Mr. Analog

All I know is that happy guys go in and grumpy guys come out ;)

tee hee
By Grabthar's Hammer