Why characters occupy 5'x5' squares

Started by Mr. Analog, April 16, 2019, 10:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

It actually seems like not enough space when you take pole arms and barbarians / orcs into account.

Maybe halflings need a special bonus that lets then share pace with other players.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 16, 2019, 10:12:10 AM
It actually seems like not enough space when you take pole arms and barbarians / orcs into account.

Maybe halflings need a special bonus that lets then share pace with other players.
Haha yeah, halflings need the space for their sweet karate moves.

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 16, 2019, 10:13:59 AM

Think about it, they have no reach so to use those moves they would have to occupy the space of their opponent essentially.

Think of the cool moves you could pull off.

Halfline occupies the space of the barbarian, barbarian throws halfling at enemy, halfling lands on enemies shoulders and goes to town on enemies head.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 16, 2019, 10:17:16 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 16, 2019, 10:13:59 AM

Think about it, they have no reach so to use those moves they would have to occupy the space of their opponent essentially.

Think of the cool moves you could pull off.

Halfline occupies the space of the barbarian, barbarian throws halfling at enemy, halfling lands on enemies shoulders and goes to town on enemies head.
Halflings as projectile weapons, I like [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

This thread went from good to better!

But seriously, it's just because it's simpler to count in squares than to do all the math of X person's arms are Y long so they can reach Z feet.

Hell, they even got rid of proper angular math because it was too hard for people to count squares at an angle...  Remember counting two squares for every second diagonal square?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on April 16, 2019, 10:49:09 AM
This thread went from good to better!

But seriously, it's just because it's simpler to count in squares than to do all the math of X person's arms are Y long so they can reach Z feet.

Hell, they even got rid of proper angular math because it was too hard for people to count squares at an angle...  Remember counting two squares for every second diagonal square?
The good ol days hahaha

By Grabthar's Hammer