Main Menu

The Outer Worlds

Started by Mr. Analog, December 22, 2018, 11:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

From the writers of the original Fallout and the developers who worked on New Vegas comes a new comedy sci-fi RPG, check it out!

https://youtu.be/MGLTgt0EEqc

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

So ever since you posted this I have been following for info. The more I see about this game, the more hyped I am to try it.

AFAIK you can play a complete idiot, answering lines with dumb comments, and then the world will treat you like a moron!  This I want to try for the humour!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on February 13, 2019, 03:54:32 PM
So ever since you posted this I have been following for info. The more I see about this game, the more hyped I am to try it.

AFAIK you can play a complete idiot, answering lines with dumb comments, and then the world will treat you like a moron!  This I want to try for the humour!
Yeah it's going to be more Fallout than Fallout apparently. I'm really looking forward to this one.

It's even going to have a VATS like system

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 13, 2019, 04:26:30 PM

Yeah it's going to be more Fallout than Fallout apparently. I'm really looking forward to this one.

I think it is more a slow time than VATS (not really a target area system), but yeah, slow time like VATS :D

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on February 13, 2019, 04:33:51 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 13, 2019, 04:26:30 PM

I think it is more a slow time than VATS (not really a target area system), but yeah, slow time like VATS :D
Yeah it's like bullet time and you spec into it.

I'm looking forward to seeing more

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Here's a dumb idea; Release The Outer Worlds exclusively through the Epic Store: https://www.pcgamer.com/the-outer-worlds-and-control-will-launch-on-the-epic-store-not-steam/

Screw that noise! Give me Steam or GoG!!

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on October 24, 2019, 01:16:48 PMOut tomorrow on Epic...
I'm torn between wanting this game and not wanting another Launcher on my desktop

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I play so many games from the Epic store now, doesn't bother me any. But I understand what you mean.

Darren Dirt

"Outer Worlds: 10 Things You NEED TO KNOW"

Posted 19Oct2019, but it's not a bunch of random speculations, it's more a summary of why this game will satisfy

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

Well I played about 2h last night.  I like the narrative so far and the game play is fun.  I took advantage of the "you can kill everyone" right away, and had a great laugh at the game when someone caught me killing the first good NPCs in the game.  So far I'm enjoying it.

Mr. Analog

It sounds really fun!

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Well you can buy it for full price or you can get a XBox Games Pass subscription and get it plus other games for the sub per month.  Cancel the sub if you don't want it after the month.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on October 25, 2019, 11:28:51 AMWell you can buy it for full price or you can get a XBox Games Pass subscription and get it plus other games for the sub per month.  Cancel the sub if you don't want it after the month.
Once I have a job I will buy it [emoji106][emoji41][emoji106]

Guess I'm reinstalling the Epic Store client

By Grabthar's Hammer