How Frozen should have ended

Started by Mr. Analog, April 14, 2014, 04:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Ahh this is so good:
http://youtu.be/4ThvBNZdGcQ

It won't make much sense if you haven't seen the film yet, also plenty of spoiler warnings
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

I see I wasn't the only one who thought the intro tune was way out of place then.

Just watched it. sheesh I am a blubbering babby.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

I liked frozen but didn't love it. I thought this HISE was spot on.

Mr. Analog

I'm with you, they teased so much interesting stuff with Kristoff and then never explored it

Y'know what else is a really good move The Croods, it's on Netflix and I enjoyed that just a tiny bit more, which surprised me, a lot
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

It could have been better, but out of the three disney flicks (Frozen, Brave, and Tangled) I just watched, I think its probably the best. Really did feel like it was too short though. Like half the movie was left on the cutting room floor.

Oh, also just watched Oblivion. Turns out it's Hollywood's answer to Moon. Just with more explosions.

Had a bit of a marathon. got bored of the same old junk, and was behind on movies ;D

Lazybones

I felt that Brave and Tangled were better paced and more complete stories.

I agree Frozen feels like there is a giant chunk of more story that was cut somewhere... That and the marketing was all about the snowman who is really not that major of a character and was a turn off for a lot of people originally not wanting to see it.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on April 15, 2014, 09:15:08 AM
I felt that Brave and Tangled were better paced and more complete stories.
They didn't quite hit me as hard as Frozen did. But then maybe I already had "desensitized" myself to the feels by that point ;D

Quote from: Lazybones on April 15, 2014, 09:15:08 AM
I agree Frozen feels like there is a giant chunk of more story that was cut somewhere...
Kinda feels like it took two or more large leaps in different parts...

Still enjoyed it.

Mr. Analog

I wish there was a "Phantom Edit" that removed him (Olaf) altogether, I thought there was enough slapstick potential with the reindeer, but I'm sure Disney had a board of people that wanted to make sure the kid friendly marketing demographic was covered 

:)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 15, 2014, 09:22:24 AM
I wish there was a "Phantom Edit" that removed him altogether, I thought there was enough slapstick potential with the reindeer, but I'm sure Disney had a board of people that wanted to make sure the kid friendly marketing demographic was covered 

:)

I didn't mind him in the movie really, I just don't know why he was the focus of the ads..

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 15, 2014, 09:23:29 AMI didn't mind him in the movie really, I just don't know why he was the focus of the ads..

I hear ya there
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

It is interesting how he just popped out of nowhere... Like they didn't decide they needed him until after the first part of the movie was made ::)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on April 15, 2014, 09:24:48 AM
It is interesting how he just popped out of nowhere... Like they didn't decide they needed him until after the first part of the movie was made ::)

To me he represented the emotional link between the sisters as well as the past and the events that followed that created the schism in the first place.

When Anna saw him she immediately remembered the past, and so too helped reinforce those connections. But the thing for me is that this was already very well defined through the song and door montage which was very strong
By Grabthar's Hammer