List of things I wish were fake: (Pixels movie trailer)

Started by Mr. Analog, March 18, 2015, 10:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

This: https://youtu.be/EYmWApVVA_I

It's that one episode of Futurama padded out to a feature length film
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

That's gonna flop.  I just ... I can't see how anyone would be drawn in to come watch it.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on March 18, 2015, 10:53:47 AM
That's gonna flop.  I just ... I can't see how anyone would be drawn in to come watch it.

The interesting thing is it appears to be based on a YouTube short of the same name

First Grumpy Cat, now this, is copying YouTube becoming a new sub-genre of bad movies?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 18, 2015, 10:32:19 AM
This: https://youtu.be/EYmWApVVA_I

It's that one episode of Futurama padded out to a feature length film

Or that one episode of Community? Both were excellent imo.

EDIT: never mind, this is "pixel world enters OUR world" premise, so looks more like a Freddy Wong* short that got extended pointlessly to feature length (where's the Rob Schneider cameo?)

* or any number of other similar digital effects genius Youtubers such as https://www.youtube.com/user/CorridorDigital/videos

EDIT #2: aha, it IS an extended version of that video short we all saw a few years back. It was pretty cool. And tbh has more story potential than another Transformers film ;) (and also probably, you know.)

http://patrick-jean.allo-infopc.com/press

Making it full length might be a fail, depending on how "Battleship"y the depth of the characters and plot go.

It could also be Patrick Jean's personal "District 9" success story...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

Know what I noticed first? That over the top base rumble sound cheesy movies started using...
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Sure, but the original plans to make it a feature were almost 5 years ago, so of course the way it's gonna be marketed (and possibly edited) are gonna have changed as the average audience's average expectations change year by year. I'm sure if it came out a few years ago there would less of an "Avengers 2" vibe to the trailer and more of an "Inception" vibe. #Marketing--Meh

Mr. Analog

I think the Inception Horn was added as a self-aware poke at the direction of sci-fi lately

I think

I think hope
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I want a feature-length treatment of this. (the ticket printout would include a recommendation of pre-viewing ingestion of mind-altering substances)

Mr. Analog

I'm still waiting for the Half-Life / Portal crossover love story
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I'll still see it lol.  Saw Ant-Man Wednesday night and it was very good!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on July 24, 2015, 11:54:38 AM
I'll still see it lol.  Saw Ant-Man Wednesday night and it was very good!

That's because Ant-Man is a good movie (80% fresh)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, Wreck-It Ralph was much better than I can possibly imagine Pixels would ever be.

My little guy has been watching the Avengers Assemble cartoon, and just recently Ant-Man has been introduced and now joined them. I didn't realize Ant-Man was getting his own movie, that's awesome and I might just take him to it sometime soon.

By the way, if you or your kids like the Avengers Assemble cartoon, the Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. cartoon is really good, too.

Now if only they'd start posting Gravity Falls again...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Can always get caught up on Steven Universe / Star vs the Forces of Evil haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I tried Steven Universe, but I just couldn't get into it.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful