Tetris Movie (way better than Minesweeper!)

Started by Darren Dirt, May 01, 2008, 02:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

http://black20.com/black20-trailer-park/tetris-movie
https://www.youtube.com/user/wwwBLACK20com/search?query=Tetris

actually it kinda has a "Speed Racer/[generic you-killed-my-brother-so-I-must-challenge-you]" feel to it.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 01, 2008, 08:19:32 PM
But where was the humour?

I never promised humour. It's a sorta satire trailer, I think ... or maybe it's actually taking itself seriously, idunno.

Heck, you want laughs, read the comments by those folks who are all like "I so want to see this movie!" ;)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 02, 2008, 11:00:00 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 01, 2008, 08:19:32 PM
But where was the humour?

I never promised humour. It's a sorta satire trailer, I think ... or maybe it's actually taking itself seriously, idunno.

Heck, you want laughs, read the comments by those folks who are all like "I so want to see this movie!" ;)

I guess Minesweeper worked for me because it took a near impossible game-to-movie and made something brilliant, this seemed a bit too much like an actual crappy movie.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 01, 2014, 08:37:48 AM
Actual crappy movie on the way: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/09/30/tetris-movie/

i dont want to live on this planet any more.jpg

i have to stop posting these threads they always seem to become reality.jpg

"Brands are the new stars of Hollywood..."  :wall:

To balance out this depressing sadness, might I offer you a short video with Weird Al telling a story of James Brown learning how to play Wheel of Fortune.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 01, 2014, 09:02:13 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 01, 2014, 08:37:48 AM
Actual crappy movie on the way: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/09/30/tetris-movie/

i dont want to live on this planet any more.jpg

i have to stop posting these threads they always seem to become reality.jpg

"Brands are the new stars of Hollywood..."  :wall:

Dammit can someone remind me where in this forum I posted a joke about THIS getting a film treatment...

Mr. Analog

Yes, was going to mention that, I saw some production artwork for it earlier. It looks like trash so far

My question is what's left? Lawn Darts the Movie?

NOOOOOOOOOO!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 03, 2014, 01:41:39 PM
Yes, was going to mention that, I saw some production artwork for it earlier. It looks like trash so far

NOOOOOOOOOO!

QFpleasenopleasenoPLEASENO

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 03, 2014, 01:45:25 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 03, 2014, 01:41:39 PM

NOOOOOOOOOO!

QFpleasenopleasenoPLEASENO

FROM the people who brought you "STRETCH ARMSTRONG" and "SNAKES ON A LADDER 2: THE SNAKENING" comes....

LAWN DART
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

What's sadder?
The fact that it's being made?
or the fact that the casting choices are actually pretty good (depending on how the storyline goes, i.e. I can actually imagine each of these in their apparent roles -- Jason Sudeikis as Red, head of the flock, Josh Gad as the speedy Chuck, Danny McBride as the volatile Bomb, Bill Hader as a pig, Peter Dinklage as the Mighty Eagle )

Thorin

Here's a name in the cast that really surprised me: Peter Dinklage.  You'd think that now that he's made it in serious theater, TV, and movies, he wouldn't come back and do a voice for a movie that has flop written all over it.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on April 15, 2015, 12:33:55 PM
Here's a name in the cast that really surprised me: Peter Dinklage.  You'd think that now that he's made it in serious theater, TV, and movies, he wouldn't come back and do a voice for a movie that has flop written all over it.

*Maybe he is obolivarious as to the future/past repercussions of taking on this trask... or his agent is tyriong to gutt his client selfishly. Which is dangerous though, doesn't he know that Dinklage is a mega-badass?

* Capitalization for the reference-impaired...
Spoiler

Maybe he is oBolivarious as to the Future/Past repercussions of taking on this Trask... or his agent is Tyriong to Gutt his client sElfishly. Which is dangerous though, doesn't he know that Dinklage is a mega-badass?

[close]

Mr. Analog

No, the sad truth is that likely this will do moderately well and make money for the studio so... bleh
By Grabthar's Hammer