The Dark Knight is Confused. Key of Awesome #8.

Started by Mr. Analog, May 15, 2010, 01:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 17, 2010, 06:45:55 AM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 17, 2010, 12:27:55 AM
I kinda over-looked about the High Body Count in The Incredibles (i.e. didn't think about, though it's in your face if you stop and notice it) ... it's a great story-driven film, lotsa laughs and comical situations, but ater Matthew's review I guess I realize just how "dark" it really is.

And the "problem" is that it *IS* (was) marketed as a CHILDREN'S FILM. So it's not just that it's animated (otherwise the South Park movie would be considered... well, you know).

But I still think he was too harsh, he overlooked how funny (and fun) the film experience is, at least the first time. Until you start analyzing just how many outright MURDERS there are in it ;)

Well, I was thinking about that actually. It may be playing on a whole other level making some social commentary about how desensitized society has become to violence in the superhero genre altogether.

Like many of Pixar's themes I'm glad they didn't pull the punches. They seem to be good at shrugging off criticism.
Me too. I found Toy Story 2 a little dark too, and glad they didn't pull any punches.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Question: are the forces of Mordor alive or constructs?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on May 17, 2010, 02:35:17 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on May 17, 2010, 12:36:08 PM
True, I also love how LotR: Return of the King (ex) is at the top of the list so far.

Legolas may have claimed over 20 kills at Helm's Deep, but astute counters show that he only had 11.  And would you rather have Merry or Gimli on your side?  Merry has 40% more kills than Gimli!

Thank you internetz!

LOL, well those are the kills ON CAMERA, I imagine they are kicking ass at all times.