Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Mr. Analog, November 14, 2011, 04:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 09, 2012, 09:23:30 AM
I guess the radio was wrong this morning, they were calling for -20 and lower next week...

Saturday and Sunday sure, but Monday+ it's like -8 low and -3 (or even above 0) for a high. #stillautumnaintwinteryet

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

All this snow could have fooled me :P
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, the snow's gettin' kinda insane.  Drive times were about double normal today, sucks for anyone who had to drive to a tournament in Sherwood Park today <blink blink>
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on November 07, 2012, 03:28:52 PM
I look forward to visiting this page tomorrow to see just how much snow fell: http://climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climateData/dailydata_e.html?timeframe=2&Prov=ALTA&StationID=50149&hlyRange=2012-04-10|2012-04-14&Year=2012&Month=11&Day=6

Hmm, well, that link says only 9.3cm of snow fell that day; that's just over 3.5 inches.  Seemed like a lot more.  And then 6.5cm fell two days later, so combined about 15.8cm, or just over 6 inches.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

All's clear at the moment, downtown anyway. I think they got some snow in Sherwood Park this morning.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, I was looking back to November 7th and 9th.  I'd said in that previous post that I wanted to come back and see how much snow was actually reported as falling on those days, since it seems like so much but 3.5 inches really isn't all that much.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Was that the day with the really heavy dump. heavy snow all day?

Cause we got like an entire FOOT of snow out here. or more. It was heavy enough that it immediately started compacting.. so It was hard to measure accurately.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

All I know is that the roads are still f'd up in a lot of places
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yah, that was the snow-all-day day, followed by a better day, followed by another snow-most-of-the-day day.  An' yeah, Edmonton's not anywhere close to cleaning up much of the snow on the streets yet.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on November 07, 2012, 03:28:52 PM
I look forward to visiting this page tomorrow to see just how much snow fell: http://climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climateData/dailydata_e.html?timeframe=2&Prov=ALTA&StationID=50149&hlyRange=2012-04-10|2012-04-14&Year=2012&Month=11&Day=6

Nov 1 - Nov 28 (28 days) saw 11 days with measurable snowfall and 8 days with trace amounts of snow.  And it's snowing again today.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

So, I'm thinking we won't have a green Christmas this year heh

This reminds me of the late 80s actually, lots of good tobogganing back then :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Well given I was like 12 at the time, no.

We used to put ski-wax on our toboggan and hit the good hills at the golf course behind the house :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 29, 2012, 11:29:49 AM
Well given I was like 12 at the time, no.

We used to put ski-wax on our toboggan and hit the good hills at the golf course behind the house :)
We used to ice up our gt racer and toboggan. :D
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

At an early age I learned real-world application of physics concepts that I would be taught much later ... thanks to an aluminum toboggan and a tree.

pretty much this:

Strive for progress. Not perfection.