Main Menu

Where dem tits go.

Started by Tom, August 28, 2012, 06:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNHb3lZobt0

Ghost Tits (Featuring Olivia Munn)

Trailer modelled after plenty of other movie trailers where things go missing.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Mr. Feeny!

It's been a long time since I've seen Boy Meets World (c'mon, Topanga was hot), and yet I recognized him instantly.

For Darren to not have to google him: William Daniels
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

OH man, that was good haha

A lot more gripping than most film trailers this year.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Too bad we'll never find out where they went...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

gotta leave room for a sequel!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on August 28, 2012, 07:00:01 PM
Mr. Feeny!

It's been a long time since I've seen Boy Meets World (c'mon, Topanga was hot), and yet I recognized him instantly.

For Darren to not have to google him: William Daniels

aka THE VOICE OF KITT! :yeesh:

ps: wow, "March 31, 1927 (age 85)"

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Yeah, but if you're going to look up trivial information and then tell the rest of us as if we didn't do the same googling already, whose voice was used for KARR?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on August 29, 2012, 09:55:17 AM
Yeah, but if you're going to look up trivial information and then tell the rest of us as if we didn't do the same googling already

Williams Daniels aka Mr. Feeny WAS THE VOICE OF KITT. Please tell me you knew that without using teh googles.

That ain't trivial information. Saying he went to the same high school as Betty White*, that would be trivial information.

*I just made that up on the spot. ...or did I?

Mr. Analog

Just out of the blue now I'm thinking about Airwolf and if it's as good as my little kid memory remembers?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 29, 2012, 10:31:56 AM
Just out of the blue now I'm thinking about Airwolf and if it's as good as my little kid memory remembers?
It isn't.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

The actor William Daniels was in the trailer at 1:41 ("Sometimes, people invent completely alternate realities").  William Daniels played Mr. Feeny on Boy Meets World (that's probably his most memorable role).  William Daniels was also the voice of KITT, which anyone could figure out by googling Mr. Feeny and then clicking the I'm Feeling Lucky button (should take you straight to Wikipedia's entry on William Daniels).  So I challenged Darren to look for more esoteric trivia, such as the voice of KARR.  KITT and KARR were both intelligent vehicles made by Knight Industries in the show Knight Rider (which launched David Hasslehoff's career).

KITT - Knight Industries Two Thousand
KARR - Knight Automated Roving Robot

Both were Pontiac Trans Ams.

There was a new made-for-TV Knight Rider movie made in 2008.  It wasn't bad, actually.  KITT was now a Mustang, and had deployable / hideable armour.

Maybe they should've asked KITT to go find dem tits.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on August 29, 2012, 10:31:11 AM
It isn't.

I still remember when they cancelled A-Team for being "too violent", the 80s were screwed up man.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on August 29, 2012, 10:33:56 AM
So I challenged Darren to look for more esoteric trivia

Aha. That 'splains everything. I didn't take the bait, because I didn't know that's what you were putting out there for me. I guess I'm more a "self-motivated" trivia seeker, I do it for my own weird need, not for a pat on the back from my peers aka "for the lulz" or whatnot.

But as I said, the KITT voice, that was an insta-recall thing, no need to look that up for folks of "my" generation (i.e. old farts). To clarify...
Quote from: Darren Dirt on August 29, 2012, 09:02:35 AM
aka THE VOICE OF KITT! :yeesh:
^ before Wikipedia

ps: wow, "March 31, 1927 (age 85)"
^ after Wikipedia

no.

btw on topic re. OP, the "Above Average Network" guys are pretty funny, like College Humor type of ambitious sketch videos, they did a series of "Rejected Pitches" of some of the best-loved movies (Pulp Fiction, Citizen Kane, The Shining)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL988AA05516183755&feature=plcp

Quote from: Thorin on August 29, 2012, 10:33:56 AM
Maybe they should've asked KITT to go find dem tits.
and also on topic: where dem go? THERE DEM GO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZROTh8jyNX0