StarForge playable alpha: Minecraft meets Halo

Started by Lazybones, May 31, 2012, 12:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on May 31, 2012, 12:21:40 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/article/74043/starforge-playable-alpha-minecraft-meets-halo

Very interesting......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBSYit49c8

@ 3:22 gotta love the "Halo Cheats" style ragdoll body flying along the ground...

@ 5:11 "hey buddy, watch your step, it's a long way down. [SMACK!]"

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mags

The games on for half alpha price right now, plus it's an Edmonton based developer. Wonder if anyone has heard anything new about this game?
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Melbosa

Quote from: Mags on December 21, 2013, 12:29:59 PM
The games on for half alpha price right now, plus it's an Edmonton based developer. Wonder if anyone has heard anything new about this game?

Not I, but I know one of the developers at that company.  I would support it if you are thinking of trying the game.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mags

Quote from: Melbosa on December 21, 2013, 01:00:45 PM
Quote from: Mags on December 21, 2013, 12:29:59 PM

Not I, but I know one of the developers at that company.  I would support it if you are thinking of trying the game.

Was going to support it, even was sitting in my cart. But, when I dug a little deeper, seems most people are REALLY unhappy with this game. Features promised have been cut out, updates only came out 3 times this year, demo video outright lied about the stat of the game. Last patch was a pretty good improvement (finally), but given the state of development, seems most are predicting that the game might be beta in 2 years, let alone releasable.

Mr. Analog

I watched the Yogscast fumble around with this it looks REALLY GOOD at least from early alpha anyway

I want to like this game a lot, but for now Starbound!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mags

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 21, 2013, 05:46:28 PM
I watched the Yogscast fumble around with this it looks REALLY GOOD at least from early alpha anyway

I want to like this game a lot, but for now Starbound!

Would love to try playing with you guys (haven't played a multi-player in years since our internet stinks, but would hope it would handle a game like starbound most days), but won't go on sale (damn I'm cheap).

Tom

I do have one key left for starbound. You're welcome to it if you want it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer