Song Of Blades & Heros

Started by Bixby, May 25, 2010, 09:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixby

Does anyone here play the Miniatures Skirmish game Song of Blades & Heros?
http://www.geekdo.com/boardgame/30804/song-of-blades-and-heroes

Thinking about this and if it is a decent game, I might grab some D&D minis on the cheap.

Mr. Analog

Ooh no, but it looks kinda neat. Have you some experience with this game?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Not I, but I have played D&D Mini game before.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Bixby

I do not have any experience with the game, just thinking about it. I left the world of D&D a long time ago. Too many rule books with too many conflicting rules and add-on systems; frankly I found it all too confusing.

I like the genre however, and would like to play some skirmish games with fantasy figs. I love the eye candy of a table set up with lots of terrain elements. For instance, we took the Axis & Allies Miniatures game from the boring 2d maps to this:

Melbosa

Wow, how long does it take you to set up that board?

Bixby

Quote from: Melbosa on May 25, 2010, 10:56:41 AM

Only 15 - 20 minutes. The board is a folding 6' x 4' flocked battle board and all of the terrain is easily retrieved and placed for whatever map or scenario we want to play.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Bixby on May 25, 2010, 12:26:00 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on May 25, 2010, 10:56:41 AM

Only 15 - 20 minutes. The board is a folding 6' x 4' flocked battle board and all of the terrain is easily retrieved and placed for whatever map or scenario we want to play.

That sounds pretty sweet man!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Bixby

Thanks.

Do many members here play boardgames, miniatures games, wargames, or whatever you want to call them?
I know there is a large number of video game players, just was not sure about how many played "table" games.

Mr. Analog

I play some WarMachine!

I quite enjoy it but medical stuff has held me back for a few months. I'm actually really looking forward to a game here soon.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I am a part of two D&D groups, one play-by-post and one in session group.

We also have periodic game nights (friend and I), some with really indepth board games like Pandemic, Axis & Allies, Heroescape, and other more party board games like Crainium, Catch Phrase, Pictionairy, Scene-It,e tc.