Freeport elects new mayor!

Started by aethun, September 07, 2012, 04:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aethun

The little village Freeport (http://mc.tomasu.org/#/2568/64/-442/-3/0/0) has for some reason elected me as their mayor. The town is located east of Edge City, on the other side of the Great Eastern Ice Plains. The town is a mess, villagers mostly stroll around doing nothing it seems. They are keen on trading stuff for shiny things, but their main source of wealth is still farming the land for crops.

My first order of business is to set up some proper lighting, fix the roads and exterminate any evil creatures lurking in the cave system that is located right under the village.

I'll keep you posted :)

Thorin

Nice!  Hopefully Freeport will build a rapid transit connection of some sort to the rest of the towns on Usamot.  Congrats on winning the election, by the way.  You must've done a ton of campaigning.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Careful! there have been repeated UFO sightings in the area, it could explain why the locals are all riled up
By Grabthar's Hammer

aethun

I am indeed a man of my words, my campaigning was not built on lies and false hope. Basic lighting is in place. Some monsters still harass the villagers at night, but a town wall is in store in the long-term plan. The roads have been reinforced, and the houses have been fixed for damages and wear and tear. As the inhabitants of this quaint little town are very much religious, a small Church of Notch have been constructed. Behind it, there is a small graveyard for the poor souls lost to sickness and creepers. The former mayor lies there too, in a grave fit of his legacy.

The next order of business is to properly excavate and explore the huge cave system in order to build up more resources. Farmings needs to become more efficient and automated, thank god for redstone technology. A watchtower and a small dock is also on the list. And I need to lay the foundations of the Mayor's Villa, right now I live in a basic hut. So much to do, so little time...

There are plots of land to buy for those who are interested :)

Quote from: Thorin on September 07, 2012, 08:00:06 PM
Nice!  Hopefully Freeport will build a rapid transit connection of some sort to the rest of the towns on Usamot.  Congrats on winning the election, by the way.  You must've done a ton of campaigning.

Yes, rapid transit to the sprawling Edge City and beyond is a key component in my strategy to get the village to really flourish. It's on the list, but it will take some time.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 07, 2012, 08:10:47 PM
Careful! there have been repeated UFO sightings in the area, it could explain why the locals are all riled up

Huh? This is the first I have heard about it. I still haven't been able to reach that level of personal trust with the villagers it seems, as they haven't said a thing about UFO sightings.

Thorin

Very nice!  I like your backstory and the things you've been building, too.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful