Abandoned Mine Run

Started by Mr. Analog, March 22, 2012, 09:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on March 22, 2012, 11:54:08 AM
Ah, possibly. I almost never went out without iron armour. Stuff makes you nearly invincible.

I have had a creeper and skeleton team up on me and prove that wrong but yes, it makes you much stronger.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on March 22, 2012, 11:56:57 AM
Quote from: Tom on March 22, 2012, 11:54:08 AM
Ah, possibly. I almost never went out without iron armour. Stuff makes you nearly invincible.

I have had a creeper and skeleton team up on me and prove that wrong but yes, it makes you much stronger.
Yeah. if you get the right number of enemies your armour can go pretty fast. But I've had sessions where three or more creepers blow up right behind me, plus having to fight off some skellies and spiders, and yet, I still survive. Sure I have to go get some food, but without armour, I'd have been dead many times over.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Enchanting armor is where it's at. Right now I have protection from projectile attacks, pretty handy against skeletons (or Melbosa's archery skill LOL)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Build a cabin at the top of the mine... be careful not to fall down the pit.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Went in last might and started collecting track... Only encountered an average amount of monsters.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on March 23, 2012, 08:12:49 AM
Went in last might and started collecting track... Only encountered an average amount of monsters.

I think the more of us in there at the same time will increase the likelyhood of spawn (not sure on that one tho).

If we go in there as a gang we can clear the whole place in a night (I'm sure)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I made steps and an express ladder down to the mine level.

I already places some of the track in our incomplete rail tunnels.

Mr. Analog

Woo!

I got a big pile of iron from Melbosa the other day so I'll be making track again tomorrow morning :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 23, 2012, 08:29:06 AM
Woo!

I got a big pile of iron from Melbosa the other day so I'll be making track again tomorrow morning :)

Unless I grabbed the bulk of it, there is a lot of it in those mines... I had about 160 track items gathered last night... However I lost a little in a flood when placing it. :(

I changed the doors around the beach station so if you go down the steps you should see the track... I had some on the slope but the water destroyed it.

Also found some gold in the chests, those are back in my base in case we need to make more power rails.

Mr. Analog

Okie dokie :)

How far along are you? I'm hoping that mass of iron stretches 2/3 of the way-ish
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 23, 2012, 09:04:26 AM
Okie dokie :)

How far along are you? I'm hoping that mass of iron stretches 2/3 of the way-ish

There should be track covering almost the whole bottom/south of the square (at least the part below standard grade) now... Since i didn't place any power rails, swapping those in will probably give you enough track to complete that segment.

Mr. Analog

Awesome!

I guess I better make a pile of redstone torches heh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 23, 2012, 09:15:28 AM
Awesome!

I guess I better make a pile of redstone torches heh

I have a few stacks of redstone in my base, if you need it.

Melbosa

I built a road to the mine from the beach just NW of Lazy's Island Home.  It is light up big time and has a 4sign label.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!