Main Menu

My Adventure

Started by Thorin, May 29, 2012, 03:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

So tonight I met up with LennyLen and he showed me where his mob grinder was.  He also had a bunch of clay for me to take.  Well, I was all loaded for bear with clay and just finishing leveling at the mob grinder, when my internet went out.

*poof* no internetz

Four (4!) resets of the Cisco wifi router / modem that Shaw supplies, about fifteen minutes of waiting, and I was back online.

Then I signed back in to Minecraft, only to find myself spawn ten blocks deep in water!  I went for air, then looked for a way back into LennyLen's underground lair.  I couldn't find one.  I was at the HELLO USAMOT sign, and ended up swimming and running 9,500 or so blocks back home!  It took over an hour!

Losing internet while underground sucks, but I did get an iron pick with Efficiency II on it, while still being higher level at the end of the adventure than I was at the start of it.  And a bunch of clay and arrows and bones.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

QuoteI went for air, then looked for a way back into LennyLen's underground lair.  I couldn't find one.  I was at the HELLO USAMOT sign, and ended up swimming and running 9,500 or so blocks back home!

There's an entrance back into the underground area about 9,498m closer than that. :P

Thorin

Quote from: LennyLen on May 29, 2012, 08:12:03 AM
QuoteI went for air, then looked for a way back into LennyLen's underground lair.  I couldn't find one.  I was at the HELLO USAMOT sign, and ended up swimming and running 9,500 or so blocks back home!

There's an entrance back into the underground area about 9,498m closer than that. :P

I looked, I couldn't find it.  I swam all around the stone structure next to the HELLO USAMOT sign, and I also swam around and ran on top of the sign itself.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on May 29, 2012, 09:02:33 AM
Quote from: LennyLen on May 29, 2012, 08:12:03 AM

I looked, I couldn't find it.  I swam all around the stone structure next to the HELLO USAMOT sign, and I also swam around and ran on top of the sign itself.

There's an underwater entrance at the bottom of the 'H' on the sign.  It might be more difficult for you to see if you're using default textures, as with the texture pack I have, you can't miss it.

Mr. Analog

Did you lose gear? Maybe I can get recover it for you, losing internet sucks
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I didn't look for underwater doors...  I'm using SimpleCraft, which I find makes most things pretty darn easy to see, but I just didn't think of underwater entrances.

No, didn't lose any gear, but got a hand cramp holding W and Space to swim all that way (well, a third to a half was spent swimming).  On the plus side, some more of the world map is filled in on the Overviewer...  And I did get to see some interesting landscapes.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Hah, I wondered where all that new area came from on the map :D
By Grabthar's Hammer