Main Menu

Pokemon Go

Started by Melbosa, July 20, 2016, 11:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

At the park now just camping the item spawns lol. I have a lure module but I don't want to use it till I have a crap load of pokeballs.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

I've had some success for some Pokies...

Anyway here are my three screens.

Also I am going to add some great links to the OP once I collect them, so you have them in one place.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Just caught this:

Ive since powered it up, to 276.

Melbosa

Added some links to OP

Melbosa

You guys should really check out this link I added: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bgeFZl3_XfcvWF0DdYp27WWRpFdckM2BFywZt3q17VA/edit#gid=572454033, crazy the amount of time needed to level.

Thorin

D&D always had that same problem - if you continued to gain xp at the same rate at level 20 as you did at level 1, it would take forever. So instead you fought and killed bigger monsters worth more xp. I'm sure the same will happen with Go eventually.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

But doing that would get rid of most of the incentive to pay for pokecoins! There's a reason its set up the way it is.

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on July 21, 2016, 10:06:04 AM
D&D always had that same problem - if you continued to gain xp at the same rate at level 20 as you did at level 1, it would take forever. So instead you fought and killed bigger monsters worth more xp. I'm sure the same will happen with Go eventually.

In Go currently it actually takes more time to level as you go up. The number of escapes you see with higher level mobs increases, while you can get higher level balls to reduce this they are more rare so over all you can spend a lot more time catching things at the higher levels for the same XP.

Things like egg hatching and evolving pokemon however do give you big boosts as you go.

One power leveling technique is to amass a bunch of candy for cheap to evolve pokemon like the pidgy , then save up a bunch of them, also watch when your eggs are about to hatch.. You pop a lucky egg for double XP then mass evolve them.

Melbosa

Play with the Pokemon tool as well.  You'll see there are benefits on how you evolve your Pokemon.

Tom

Ok, this game is starting to piss me off.

Trying to catch a 240cp Eevee, and the pokeballs started to curve to the left and right with little sparkle trails... Now they are just being down right evil about wasting pokeballs. eeefff.

Mr. Analog

Welcome to Pokemon hahahahah
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Its like they are intentionally trying to waste pokeballs in the most evil way possible. I understand a pokemon escaping the ball and/or running away, but making the balls curve wildly to the side for no good reason?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 21, 2016, 12:24:17 PM
Its like they are intentionally trying to waste pokeballs in the most evil way possible. I understand a pokemon escaping the ball and/or running away, but making the balls curve wildly to the side for no good reason?

Its better than the game where you throw the ball and then you have to wait about 20 nerve wracking seconds for it to stop wiggling
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Heh, well I don't mind that so much.. Like the pokemon don't want to stay... But making the ball just randomly curve just to waste your balls is just there to cause more grinding, or grab more money.

Lazybones

Twirling your finger causes you to throw a curve ball. While I haven't seen it curve on its own I have certainly intentionally done it.

What makes me mad is feeding them the raspberries and they still escape and run away.