Railroad Stations

Started by Thorin, April 15, 2012, 01:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on April 17, 2012, 02:44:49 PM
By the way, I got stuck in that stone brick square you have built in the water...  I put my cart on the rails and hit go, and a minute later I was WTF! :P

Hmm, so did you release all of my prisoners?

I should probably disable that when I am not around, the track is just for prisoner transfer.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 17, 2012, 03:02:21 PM
Quote from: Thorin on April 17, 2012, 02:44:49 PM
By the way, I got stuck in that stone brick square you have built in the water...  I put my cart on the rails and hit go, and a minute later I was WTF! :P

Hmm, so did you release all of my prisoners?

I should probably disable that when I am not around, the track is just for prisoner transfer.

Okay, that's getting a BIT creepy there...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 17, 2012, 03:04:18 PM

Hmm now I am wondering if there are holes I need to patch.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 17, 2012, 03:46:18 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 17, 2012, 03:04:18 PM

Hmm now I am wondering if there are holes I need to patch.

I just got this image of like the Testificates creating dummies of themselves with like jack o' lantern heads and digging their way to freedom... lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

No, I didn't release any prisoners.  I had some dirt with me so I built a n00b tower out the hole I fell down.  Then I cleaned up after myself, removing said n00b tower.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on April 17, 2012, 08:17:23 PM
No, I didn't release any prisoners.  I had some dirt with me so I built a n00b tower out the hole I fell down.  Then I cleaned up after myself, removing said n00b tower.

Hehe, should probably take one section of track out so others don't fall in...

Thorin

Quote from: Lazybones on April 18, 2012, 09:00:28 AM

Or put up a sign saying the track is for prisoner transport?  And why are you taking prisoners, anyway?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on April 18, 2012, 05:14:08 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on April 18, 2012, 09:00:28 AM

Or put up a sign saying the track is for prisoner transport?  And why are you taking prisoners, anyway?

Because he's a monster...

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

The section of track between the beach and the giant stone box has been put under water, there is now an entrance with warning signs in the village..

The track no longer falls into a deep pit, it instead now drops into a receiving pen, that has a steel door exit triggered by a button, you need to be quick and there is running water leading you to the prison cell, but that also has a close hatch on it now so you should not directly fall in even in the worst case.

Thorin

This guy spent way too much time designing his railroad stations:

http://www.youtube.com/user/frumple1?ob=0&feature=results_main

But man, it's _fully_ automated.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on April 22, 2012, 01:05:17 PM
This guy spent way too much time designing his railroad stations:

http://www.youtube.com/user/frumple1?ob=0&feature=results_main

But man, it's _fully_ automated.

I could have sworn this was posted before...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I've got a new flat design - the station itself is off on a side spur.  So the cart comes along the main track then turns to the right into the station.  When leaving, there's a detector rail that temporarily switches the junction up ahead (the one that made the cart turn right into the station), allowing the cart to get back on the main track going in its original direction.  This works pretty darn good for uni-directional travel.

I also figured out a compact way to do empty minecart detection, also with a detector and a delay circuit and a track junction.  I just don't know if it'll work in SMP.

Pics in a couple days, when I have some time to lay it out.  I'm also planning to use this layout for the Southern Junction station.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Man, I gotta log in tonight and check out what's been goin' on in the server :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Not much lately on my behalf.  I've done some planning and trials in single player creative mode, for the Southern Junction and Pineview above-ground stations.  I'm also starting to think I can go back to the single-track solution.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

I haven't been on for several days.