Diggy Diggy Hole and Creeper Invasion

Started by Tom, May 16, 2012, 10:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

So I've been digging out a big open pit mine. For no real reason. But tonight as I was finishing up, like 4 creepers blew me up. I had armour on, so I didn't die, but they made some rather big holes, and did away with my chests of stuff. It was a bit of a pain to clean up :(

As I was cleaning it up, another couple creepers got me, so I stopped working on it for the night ;D

First image is what it looked like before the invasion, and second is what it looks like now ;D

append: Oh, I forgot to mention.. But while I was mining today like 8 endermen warped down to the bottom of my open pit mine and started dying. A few of them died before I got to them, and a few others I managed to hit a couple times and kill. It was very strange.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

That sucks!  Creepers suck.  I like what you did with those walls to protect your loot.

Earlier in the week I had creepers on the other side of a fence, two or three blocks between us, and somehow I still set off their explosion trigger.  I'm just about ready to double-fence _everything_.  Although weirdly they don't blow up outside my hotel if they're on the other side of the four-block-high fence from me and I'm within two blocks of them.  Maybe a taller fence stops them from entering their explosion trigger phase.

But yeah, CREEPERS SUCK.

Oh, so how do you get down to the bottom in that mine?  Is there a staircase around the perimeter we can't see?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on May 16, 2012, 11:42:23 PM
That sucks!  Creepers suck.  I like what you did with those walls to protect your loot.

Earlier in the week I had creepers on the other side of a fence, two or three blocks between us, and somehow I still set off their explosion trigger.  I'm just about ready to double-fence _everything_.  Although weirdly they don't blow up outside my hotel if they're on the other side of the four-block-high fence from me and I'm within two blocks of them.  Maybe a taller fence stops them from entering their explosion trigger phase.

But yeah, CREEPERS SUCK.

Oh, so how do you get down to the bottom in that mine?  Is there a staircase around the perimeter we can't see?
Yeah, its at the bottom there.

I've also done a bit of improvements on the building /just now/. probably have to wait for the map to update to see most of it. http://mc.tomasu.org/#/464/64/303/max/0/0
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Oh man, time to build a moat and wall I'd say heh!
By Grabthar's Hammer