Kids on the server

Started by Thorin, June 20, 2012, 04:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

So I've been thinking about getting my six year old a Minecraft subscription (he already plays pocket edition and loves it) and I'd like to get him going on our server.  However, most of our users are adults (only one teen I know, also mine), so I thought I'd better check to see if anyone minds.  So, any concerns with that?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I don't mind, may want to get Tom to install a word filter plugin though.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I don't mind at all.

We may have to add a new line to the motd though, or I mod the server a tad, to support bukkit/forge plugins to allow things like filtering words and the like.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

I don't necessarily shield my kids from bad language - instead I teach them what bad words are and why they shouldn't say them (or if they're in that pre-teen / teen stage of their lives, when it's fine to swear like a sailor and when they really need to watch what they say).  Also, we're not exactly talking like a bunch of sailors on shore leave when we're on the server :)

That said, if you guys feel more comfortable with a word filter, that's fine.

As Mr A said to me before, it'd be interesting to see what a six year old builds :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on June 20, 2012, 04:45:01 PM
I don't necessarily shield my kids from bad language - instead I teach them what bad words are and why they shouldn't say them (or if they're in that pre-teen / teen stage of their lives, when it's fine to swear like a sailor and when they really need to watch what they say).  Also, we're not exactly talking like a bunch of sailors on shore leave when we're on the server :)

That said, if you guys feel more comfortable with a word filter, that's fine.

As Mr A said to me before, it'd be interesting to see what a six year old builds :)
Ok, well if there's any issues you see, let me/us know.  I wont bother with a filter unless other people want it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!