fun with redstone: carpets as pressure plates

Started by Thorin, May 03, 2013, 08:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

This tutorial shows how you create a redstone circuit that allows you to use carpets as if they were pressure plates (the trick here is to use redstone ore to cause a block update when you walk over it, then use the carpet over the redstone nore to hide the redstone ore).  This means truly hidden pressure plates.

http://youtu.be/WGeeJeEy6uc

There are also some great other ideas, like using two hoppers with one item between them as a T flip-flop (the item simply gets transferred from one to the other).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Note to self: Never touch anything ever again
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

It's a really cool idea, though, isn't it?  I wonder if there are any other blocks that cause a block update when you walk over them.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

One of the more clever things I heard map builders do is create mob spawners for villagers in hidden rooms so that when a player is in range of an area an effect can be triggered by a villager spawning and tripping a red stone circuit connected to a pressure plate
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 04, 2013, 06:59:23 AM
One of the more clever things I heard map builders do is create mob spawners for villagers in hidden rooms so that when a player is in range of an area an effect can be triggered by a villager spawning and tripping a red stone circuit connected to a pressure plate

I thought the cow proximity sensor was interesting...