The Wither: sworn enemy of aquatic life everywhere

Started by kdevil, September 27, 2013, 10:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdevil

Hi, all!  I finally collected enough wither skeleton skulls to summon and fight the Wither, and I thought I might recount the highlight of the event:

I looked around the map for a good place to fight, and finally settled on an empty stretch of desert bordered by ocean.  When I placed the final skull on the soul sand, the Wither formed and grew to full strength while I quickly drank potions and assembled my items for the fight.

But, once the Wither was fully formed, it proceeded to ignore me, fly out over the ocean, and start killing the crap out of some squid.:o
It just wouldn't stop!  I hit it with a few arrows, but it didn't even notice!  It just kept bombarding the squid while travelling further out over the ocean, until I couldn't see it anymore!

I eventually had to build a boat to chase it down, and I think I was only able to lure it back to land because all the squid were dead.  ::)

Tom

HAha. That's great. They do like going after any kind of life. I think you have to hit them pretty hard to get them to re-target.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

That's hilarious!!

I hope you got a nether star for your troubles at least
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 27, 2013, 10:32:01 AM
That's hilarious!!

I hope you got a nether star for your troubles at least
It's a guaranteed drop, so at the very least it's somewhere, unless it despawned while he was looking for it :(

Thorin

ROFL!

Chasing down a boss mob because it has ADD and got distracted by some squid...

SQUIRREL!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

kdevil

Yep, I got the nether star after finally luring it back to land. :D

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

kdevil

No idea yet!  Though I hear it can be a real help when mining out an area, if it's placed near bedrock and you activate the mining speed boosts.