Minecraft Night tonight!

Started by Thorin, October 18, 2013, 06:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I've convinced a couple of family members to do another one of those start-from-scratch-on-Usamot nights.  Feel free to join in!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

If you want in, drop all your gear off at home and then use the new Tele-Portal to South Beach, that's where we're building.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

B'oh!

I should have checked the forums, I ended up doing sketch requests hah
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

'sokay, I just got off now.  LuckyCh4rms and DrCoconut and YellowBear were on with me, for about four hours each.  I've put in about seven hours.  Here's what we've been building:

YellowBear's and my first hut with wheat farm: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1568/64/2869/max/0/0
LuckyCh4rms' palace on the hill: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1697/64/2875/max/0/0
DrCoconut's hut and pastures: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1761/64/2913/max/0/0
Coco's and Lucky's ravine exploration platform: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1731/64/2978/max/0/0
YellowBear's and my Victorian-style mansion with faux tower: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1540/64/2806/max/0/0

Instead of helping each other, we all kind of split off and did our own thing.  Not quite as divvy-up-the-jobs style as we've done before.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

I just get a black page when I try those links.  I tried in several browsers and got the same results.  Anyone else?

Tom

My dedicated hosting box was having issues earlier today, it hosts my DNS, that /could/ have been it, but the minecraft stuff runs in an entirely separate datacenter, so it shouldn't have been having issues.

Reminds me, if everyone could let me know when they have any kind of issues with the server(s) that you're reasonably sure aren't on your end, please let me know
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I guess it is something at my end, as I'm still just getting black (note: black, not blank) pages.

Tom

Try a full refresh? The map starts out black, but then (slowly) loads in the map tiles.

Thorin

Ya sorry Len, you've been blacklisted.

get it? :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Tom on October 19, 2013, 02:16:30 PM
Try a full refresh? The map starts out black, but then (slowly) loads in the map tiles.

Nah, I tried that.  I even tried installing FF and got the same result with that.

Tom

I'm not sure. Maybe the google stuff isn't loading properly? Can check the chrome dev tools or firebug and go to the network tab to see what's up there. google or my server is not working for you for some reason. maybe DNS issues?

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

QuoteMaybe the google stuff isn't loading properly? Can check the chrome dev tools or firebug and go to the network tab to see what's up there. google or my server is not working for you for some reason.

Looks like it's google.

edit: I also tried flushing the DNS cache and rebooting router, but no luck. :(

Tom

I may need to update the map code. jquery 1.7.1 is pretty old. google may have stopped hosting it. I'll check it out sunday/tomorrow/today/whateveritiswheniwakeup.

Mr. Analog

... but then how would it still be working for me? Cache?

Edit: I dumped my cache and it still works so...?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 20, 2013, 12:58:37 PM
... but then how would it still be working for me? Cache?

Edit: I dumped my cache and it still works so...?
Hm, my only guess is geolocated servers. the ones he has access to doesn't have it, where as ours does?

LennyLen

Tom

I'm playing for a little bit tonight, should anyone hop on :) goin' netherin.

Tom

I guess noone likes me :(

Except wither skeletons.

First picture is the pile of nether quartz I got when I didn't have a fortune pick. I used my silk touch pick instead.
Second picture has my entire haul for the nether tonight, on the left side of the main inventory area (not hot bar).

I did spend some time enchanting and whatnot at the super xp farm, that was stupid handy. Sadly, a couple of the best things I enchanted, I lost a little after going back to the nether to finish my exploration of a nether fortress. It sucked, but what can you do.

Thorin

Sorry, didn't have time to join in tonight.  That's a nice little haul of nether quartz.  Too bad it packs down to not that many blocks :(  An' yeah, that super-xp farm does make things quicker :)  Were you just gathering materials, or did you end up building something?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on October 24, 2013, 12:28:07 AM
Sorry, didn't have time to join in tonight.  That's a nice little haul of nether quartz.  Too bad it packs down to not that many blocks :(  An' yeah, that super-xp farm does make things quicker :)  Were you just gathering materials, or did you end up building something?
Just gathering tonight. Notice what's in fourth column from the left, and one down >:D

Mr. Analog

Sorry between game 1 of the World Series and doodling I must have missed ur post
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Oh nice, wither skeleton heads.  What are those used for again?  Just to make the Wither boss?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on October 24, 2013, 09:33:21 AM
Oh nice, wither skeleton heads.  What are those used for again?  Just to make the Wither boss?
That and decoration. I'll be getting me a beacon \o/

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 24, 2013, 06:35:57 AM
Sorry between game 1 of the World Series and doodling I must have missed ur post
Sok! Not a big deal :)