Should we create a new world for the 1.19 update?

Started by Mr. Analog, May 30, 2022, 03:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we create a new world for the 1.19 update?

Yes
2 (50%)
No
0 (0%)
Indifferent
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 08, 2022, 08:33:56 AMHas anyone blazed a trail to the Nether fortress? I want to start brewing potions soon

If not then I guess I know what I'll do this weekend
There are two nether protals and both have ladders down to the "normal" ish ground level.

Haven't tried to get to the fortress or bastion yet.

If you do the math and bring the blocks the current portals are at the top of the Nether you can probably extend the current tunnels in relative safety but don't forget a gold item.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on July 08, 2022, 09:58:00 AMIf you do the math and bring the blocks the current portals are at the top of the Nether you can probably extend the current tunnels in relative safety but don't forget a gold item.

Sounds good! I'll get on it tonight I think
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Well I dug a path to the COORDs of a Nether Fortress in the ceiling, the trick now is to build the ladder going down. I have a path on the "surface" that goes pretty much straight there but it's really dangerous. I've died several times trying to get there and build up

For anyone interested the COORDs I've dug in the ceiling end at X: -305 Z: -59 Y: 119

This should line up with the Nether Fortress:
https://rwov.contentcubby.ca/#/-305/64/-61/max/minecraft%20-%20nether/nether
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

There are now some chickens in a pen at the spawn, as well as several stacks of eggs.

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 08, 2022, 07:10:23 PMWell I dug a path to the COORDs of a Nether Fortress in the ceiling, the trick now is to build the ladder going down. I have a path on the "surface" that goes pretty much straight there but it's really dangerous. I've died several times trying to get there and build up

For anyone interested the COORDs I've dug in the ceiling end at X: -305 Z: -59 Y: 119

This should line up with the Nether Fortress:
https://rwov.contentcubby.ca/#/-305/64/-61/max/minecraft%20-%20nether/nether

Nice

LennyLen

Since I had already dug some passages at y=32 in the Nether, I extended them out until they reached the fortress. I then built a covered ladder up to the top of the fortress.  It's a safe way of getting there (apart from the occasional hoglin that spawns on the path).

To use this alternate travel method, take the portal from spawn, and go down the ladder there. At the bottom, go through the birch door on the opposite side of the room and then follow the cobbled path from there. It will take you to the fortress.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: LennyLen on July 09, 2022, 06:15:04 AMSince I had already dug some passages at y=32 in the Nether, I extended them out until they reached the fortress. I then built a covered ladder up to the top of the fortress.  It's a safe way of getting there (apart from the occasional hoglin that spawns on the path).

To use this alternate travel method, take the portal from spawn, and go down the ladder there. At the bottom, go through the birch door on the opposite side of the room and then follow the cobbled path from there. It will take you to the fortress.

Well done! I'll continue work on the upper path today sometime

I only had 3 hours sleep last night so I'm not sure exactly when that will be but I'll get on 'er
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Does anyone have large quantities of gravel they don't want? I need some for reasons...
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 11, 2022, 11:55:46 AMDoes anyone have large quantities of gravel they don't want? I need some for reasons...

I've just placed 13 stacks in one of the chests at spawn.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: LennyLen on July 11, 2022, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 11, 2022, 11:55:46 AMDoes anyone have large quantities of gravel they don't want? I need some for reasons...

Thanks!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 11, 2022, 03:38:37 PM
Quote from: LennyLen on July 11, 2022, 03:35:43 PM

Let me know if you want more.  I mined another 10 stacks worth tonight.

Thanks!!

Mr. Analog

That's quite the terraforming project you have going on there @Thorin
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 15, 2022, 02:41:26 PMThat's quite the terraforming project you have going on there @Thorin

haha

I like my 101x101 area

FFFFF L      AAA  TTTTT
   F     L     A   A   T 
   FFF   L     AAAAA   T 
   F     L     A   A   T 
   F     LLLLL A   A   T 

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer