August 27 2005?

Started by Shayne, July 19, 2005, 12:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

I heard rumors from The Master of Game Masters that he's thinking late August for our "next exciting episode".  So, hows this date looking for most? ;)

Mr. Analog

It's something I'm definatly considering, additionally I'm also thinking of making the switch to 3.5 for the same session.

Is this going to be a problem for anyone?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Is this going to be a problem for anyone?
I thought the plan was to wait till we leveled then shift rather then shifting mid level, unless you want us to just level without actually leveling :)

Mr. Analog

I thought it might give people some lead time to learn the new rules, whatever you guys decide, though, you'll still have to get some experience to level ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Shayne"I heard rumors from The Master of Game Masters that he's thinking late August for our "next exciting episode".  So, hows this date looking for most? ;)
Ooo... secret identity revealed ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

*Ahem*  Yay!  Except for me a buddy's wedding is that day :(

Switching to 3.5?  Great idea, I think!  Except for buying new books...  Which books would you allow, Your Great DMness?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Shayne

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"Ooo... secret identity revealed ;)
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Thorin"*Ahem*  Yay!  Except for me a buddy's wedding is that day :(

Switching to 3.5?  Great idea, I think!  Except for buying new books...  Which books would you allow, Your Great DMness?
Core only for now...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Shayne"
Quote from: "Darren Dirt"Ooo... secret identity revealed ;)
I have no idea what you are talking about.
quote:
"I heard rumors from The Master of Game Masters that he's thinking ..."

Um... never mind ;) Good save, can't go and endanger the superhero's safety as a free public citizen ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

The Silver Surfer

here's some questions for the Great DM, 1. what if we were going for a prestige class from the 3.0 books ? 2. are we able to move things around to tighten up the characters that we are playing ( not reroll anything, but skill points, abilities, feats ). Hmmm....thats all for now, but I think more questions might arise from the early shift to 3.5

Mr. Analog

Short of your base stats simply put all your XP in a big bucket and start re-levelling to where you should be at now. Sadly I cannot allow old 3.0 prestiege classes unless there is a decent conversion guide provided by Wizards of the Coast.

So to recap:
  • Keep your base stats
  • Re-create your character to your current level
  • If you choose something radically different from your current character I will not let you play as that character plain and simple
I will need your character sheets at mid-month for review.
By Grabthar's Hammer

The Silver Surfer

thanks Great DM thats all I needed to know :lol:  

The Silver Surfer

except when the next session is going to be? :huh:  

Mr. Analog

Late August or early September, depends on everyone's schedule and the amount of readiness...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"So to recap:
  • Keep your base stats
  • Re-create your character to your current level
  • If you choose something radically different from your current character I will not let you play as that character plain and simple
How about equipment?  Exactly or as close as possible to exactly the same?

If I remember right, we were in the city of Goldport, had bought a bunch of gear, and some of the party were planning on visiting the arena either as spectators or participants.

Aerindra was holed up in a church for most of that time, so if you guys want to play August 27th without me you can simply say that she's busy.  Up to you guys...

Also, did we get a final decision on books allowed?  Is it just core books, or are the Complete series of books allowed (I say as I salivate over the Radiant Order of Pelor prestige class from Complete Divine...)?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Try to keep your eqipment as close to what you have now as possible, you should still have the same amount of money. If you don't want to fight in the gladiatorial competition let me know before hand (e-mail or PM me). If you aren't in the games or watching in the stands you'll have to find something to do for a week, if you have trade skills and would like to gain XP and make some money you can try to get hired for that skill, but I would prefer to know what y'all want to be doing beforehand. Incedentally, if your character is "busy" with other stuff during the week, I need some people to play as gladiators :)

As for books I will allow the following to begin with but then we'll move on to more ad hoc:

-Core rulebooks (players handbook, DM guide and MM)
-Monster Manual 1 and 2
-The "Complete..." series (Complete Warrior, Druid, etc, etc, etc)
-Deities & Demigods

I won't force you to pick a religion, but if you want to see what's available let me know and I'll lend you my copy of Deities & Demigods. You can be agnostic if you like unless your powers are divinly imbued (druids, paladins, some races like elves etc).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I need some people to play as gladiators :)
I'm so there!  As long as it's not August 27th...

I'll recreate the two gladiators I had emailed you before using 3.5 rules sometime this week and send them in again.

EDIT: I only sent one  :o  
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Melbosa

hmmm looks like the consensus so far is 3.5 rules.  Guess I have to read up on where to take my Mage now and redo him in 3.5 Rules.

Oh well, change is good for most in the party :D
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Sorry I didn't respond later on Sunday my 'net connection is @%&#ed up somehow, not sure if it's on my end or if it's on Telus' end.
By Grabthar's Hammer