Some PS2 games look MUCH better on the PS2 than PS3

Started by Lazybones, December 13, 2006, 09:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=808212

Seems there is a problem for PS2 games that only support 480i instead of 480p. When they are passed through the PS# they look like total crap.

So even with PS2 hardware inside the PS3 is not really delivering a PS2 experience on some games.

Shayne

Interesting for those interested in backwards compatibility.  Pretty horrible in some of those pictures.

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on December 13, 2006, 10:02:11 AM
Interesting for those interested in backwards compatibility.  Pretty horrible in some of those pictures.

It is notable because it impacts some fairly new and popular games that where just released for PS2. Really PS3 owners don't have much to choose from accept some of the PS2 stuff at the moment.

Darren Dirt

The playstation.com thread linked to a video (flamealishly titled "The TRUTH about the PS3's backwards compatibility...")

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

If you look at the pictures they all have that same sort of offset every x distance.  very strange.  Does the PS3 have an emotion chip in it?

Tonnica

I just watched the video. Ew.

That resampling/compression effect is VERY noticeable. Makes everything super-glittery and chunky looking. I hope they actually decide to put out an update to fix this, because it's another embarassment.