Main Menu

Faithless - BOMBS

Started by Lazybones, November 23, 2006, 11:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xiec27yF-Y

Music video that mixes every day life shots with war clips.

Was recently pulled from MTV, I am not sure why...

Shayne

Video of the year.  Amazing, could not have been cheap lots of computer work required.  A++.

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Adams

I really like it.

I believe the "negative" connotation on the "American" Military would by why they would pull the video.
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."

Darren Dirt

freakin' awesome!

PS: anyone else suddenly want to invest in better deadbolts for their front door? :o

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 24, 2006, 02:07:45 PM
freakin' awesome!

PS: anyone else suddenly want to invest in better deadbolts for their front door? :o

Is there a point if you own a window?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

OR they can just come through the wall.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Here's the lyrics, for those who care: http://www.findlyrics.com/faithless/bombs.  To me, this is a song explaining how blowing up kids and wives in their homes is causing insurgents' ranks to swell.  Obviously reinforced by the scene of the missile streaking in and exploding something in the background.  To me it seems like it's trying to be a social statement, but I find it lacks real substance.  I mean, we can see all this stuff just by watching CNN.

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 24, 2006, 02:07:45 PM

No, because the strength of a deadbolt actually lies in the strength of the door and the strength of the door frame.  When you break down a door, it's usually the door frame that broke - the deadbolt won't be damaged at all.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Also search for "The Saints Are Coming" on Youtube -- similar theme, but a bit more controversial... It has almost 2 MILLION views (!) but also like 7000 comments :o so you know there's a lot of people who take issue with the whole "Hey Sarge, I'm not so sure about what we're doing here..." attitude.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.