Main Menu

MINECRAFT

Started by Mr. Analog, December 10, 2011, 07:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 19, 2012, 10:12:54 AM
My subway (will) traverse nearly 32 chunks from the spawn location to a nice little beach area where I intend to set up a nicer house

The spawn is very snowy but I've made the best of it so far, I've built a library with an enchantment table and a portal building. There are so many trees, an impossible amount of them, wood is not a problem (unlike our last map which was mostly plains and desert).

I had really bad luck when I first went into the portal, I got stuck spazzing out inside the portal on the nether end, I had to log off and log on a few times to get out of it. I brought a ton of cobblestone to fortify the portal, I had basic walls and floor done but a damn Ghast sent a fireball right at the portal knocking it out, now I was in trouble because for some reason I decided to leave my flint and tinder with my good equipment back in the overworld. I quickly built up a pillbox around the portal to reduce any additional damage and then I tabbed out to find out if there was any way to relight the portal, turns out the explosion from a Ghast's fireball can re-light it, so I tore down the walls and tried attracting one of the THREE Ghasts that was tag-teaming me, it took a while but eventually I fireball relit the portal, UNfortunately I was at pretty low health and I too was on fire.

So long story short, I got the portal re-lit just in time to die and lose half the items I brought into the nether (which, admittedly, wasn't much as I suspected something like this would happen on my first trip to the Nether).

I finally found the other house from one of the other players, it was hidden on the other side of the trees opposite where I've built my stuff, it's pretty cool but he's right on top of a HUGE cavern that empties into lava and he dug a garbage chute straight down but for some reason there's a ladder so... I'm glad I know shift will hold you into place otherwise lava-bath LOL.

My goals are:
-To complete the first subway link
-Build a portal in the Nether to allow fast travel between locations
-Build a gate using sticky pistons (I haven't seen/heard any slimes yet)
-Build a mob farm (that might get me my slime drops...)
-Find clay (seriously, where is it?)
-Build a super-cool ocean front estate

I've designed the gate in a local test instance, it's pretty tight, I just need sticky pistons...
Slimes are sadly quite rare in my experience :( All I've managed to see in the old map was like 6 of them.

As for clay, its found in abundance in marshy areas.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Yeah! I think I found some actually it was in sort of a circle. Damn slimes, maybe the nether slimes are easier to find?

Sticky pistons would be cool...

SCREENS!

-The Spawn Street Terminal entrance for the A Line
-Which is closed for now (to be completed in 2012!)
-But it's okay, I have the keys and can let you in. Single track only for now
-Dats a looooooong tunnel
-The dot in the centre of the map is my house, the marker is where the beach terminal will eventually be, once it's done
-Read you a book at the Libary
-The Portal Building (cue evil sounds)
-Damn Portal, where's GLaDOS!

Eventually these may become stations if I can find enough iron and gold. Speaking of gold (and redstone) the track is set up for maximum speed where a powered rail is placed every 8 metres.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Stewie521

no
Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 19, 2012, 11:30:40 AM
Yeah! I think I found some actually it was in sort of a circle. Damn slimes, maybe the nether slimes are easier to find?

Not only are slimes rare to find, their a royal pain to fight, the separate into smaller slimes about 3 or 4 times giving you about 12 slimes jumping at you... X(

Also, might I ask what type of server are you running, just the one off of Minecraft.net, or one from Bukkit?

Tom

Quote from: Stewie521 on February 19, 2012, 04:11:03 PM
no

Not only are slimes rare to find, their a royal pain to fight, the separate into smaller slimes about 3 or 4 times giving you about 12 slimes jumping at you... X(

Also, might I ask what type of server are you running, just the one off of Minecraft.net, or one from Bukkit?
Stock server atm. Been thinking about installing some extensions, but I haven't bothered yet.

Mr. Analog

I heard thru the grapevine that the other guys weren't playing because of the lack of mods, personally I don't get this
By Grabthar's Hammer

Stewie521

Quote from: Tom on February 19, 2012, 06:32:01 PM
Quote from: Stewie521 on February 19, 2012, 04:11:03 PM
no

Stock server atm. Been thinking about installing some extensions, but I haven't bothered yet.

It's a good investment of time, it adds SO much more stuff to it. Mine is a bukkit server, and we have our own economy, factions, the list goes on... Some are more useful than others such as Permissions and GroupManager.

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on February 19, 2012, 11:05:46 PM

I'm totally lost.

Up is down, happy is sad, burgers eat people...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Stewie521

Quote from: Thorin on February 19, 2012, 11:05:46 PM

I'm totally lost.

Well some of mine are for fun additions to the game, and others (most of them) are "Crowd control"

I thought I'd share some screens with some of my stuff
It's a hockey rink, pretty cool actually even has concession :P

Mr. Analog

Ha! That's pretty sweet.

What texture pack are you using?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

On one of the old allegro.cc servers we had some cool stuff:

http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/605846

check out that first post :)

Stewie521

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 20, 2012, 10:14:30 AM
Ha! That's pretty sweet.

What texture pack are you using?

It's called Maxcraft, fairly simple actually -.-

Mr. Analog

Nice pics there Tom, you should be building cool stuffs on your own server now lol

Myself I like the vanilla texture pack, I've tried three or four but I always find some block or something that looks weird...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 20, 2012, 03:39:39 PM
Nice pics there Tom, you should be building cool stuffs on your own server now lol

Myself I like the vanilla texture pack, I've tried three or four but I always find some block or something that looks weird...
I've gotten a little bored of building stuff on MC. My stuff on the old a.cc servers were pretty cool.. and the last thing I attempted to build, I got REALLY bored of. I dunno.

Stewie521

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 20, 2012, 03:39:39 PM

Yeah, you'll always get that with any texture pack...

Anyway, I have some screens of some work from today and yesterday...