Main Menu

MINECRAFT

Started by Mr. Analog, December 10, 2011, 07:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Freakin' stupid no-for-good exploders were pissing me off last night.  Even with Armour, the damn things were bouncing me into lava!  Died more times last night than any other play session.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on March 15, 2012, 08:37:49 AM
Freakin' stupid no-for-good exploders were pissing me off last night.  Even with Armour, the damn things were bouncing me into lava!  Died more times last night than any other play session.

You know what it was? Probably the proximity of so many players, Creepers just love us I guess :B

Also: Your mine is crazy monster mine, I haven't fought that much stuff since I was lost in the woods one night trying to bring home some goodies
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

You think the side you were on was crazy.  I opened up an exit on the direct other side of my massive cleared room, and if you hang a right off that exit, and follow the ledge, you end up in pocket caverns, one after another, with lots of goodies and lots of mobs.  Where I got your slime balls which is in your chest by the way.

Melbosa

I think we need some more peeps in this server... namely Lazy, Thorin and DD... no excuse about no gaming rig... it is worth every penny for the game.  Let the creative juices fly!

And for you Addictive Personalities, just set yourselves a time limit and stick to it damnit!

Mr. Analog

My gosh I will donate a Minecraft sub to anyone who is interested.

I recently pulled together a hundred smackers doing $5 art commissions for a friend who ended up not needing it so... I have a little extra floating around.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Melbosa on March 15, 2012, 08:51:36 AM
DD...  And for you Addictive Personalities, just set yourselves a time limit and stick to it damnit!

lol. That's like thinking that setting a tab-count limit will be good enough before clicking a tvtropes link...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 15, 2012, 10:26:10 AM
DD...  And for you Addictive Personalities, just set yourselves a time limit and stick to it damnit!

lol. That's like thinking that setting a tab-count limit will be good enough before clicking a tvtropes link...

Oddly enough I use the microwave timer when I need to time box an activity...

Also, hilarious pic man
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I think we need some more peeps in this server... namely Lazy, Thorin and DD... no excuse about no gaming rig... it is worth every penny for the game.  Let the creative juices fly!

And for you Addictive Personalities, just set yourselves a time limit and stick to it damnit!

I still haven't opened my copy of MassEffect 3 yet! Can't take on Minecraft right now...

Melbosa

Minecraft can be played over lunch... can be played from a web browser... can be played when you have a free moment but not enough time to get into a ME3 story progression.

No Time is not really an excuse. It may be just my world at the moment, but I hear this far to often now.  And every time I want to use it myself I am regretful when I do.  But it is way easier to say that to someone than really what you want to say.  It just seems too convenient to use for some as of late (no one here mind you - just in my RL circles outside of here), and it is starting to gnaw at me.

Now Priority level is an excuse - you will always find time for things you really want to do: Look after the family, have a dinner with your significant other, read a book, sleep, eat, watch a TV show, relax, etc.  So if your interest is low then the "use of your time" priority is low.

Sorry Lazy, not particularly picking on you, more just ranting a bit about the lack of time everyone seems to have despite the same 24h clock we all live with.... /sigh

Mr. Analog

I think there's a stable mobile version for iPhone :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 15, 2012, 11:14:10 AM

There is and the iPad as well, but it doesn't connect to servers... SP only as I understand it.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on March 15, 2012, 11:16:52 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 15, 2012, 11:14:10 AM

There is and the iPad as well, but it doesn't connect to servers... SP only as I understand it.

Bawwww SMP is the shizz, that's too bad
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on March 15, 2012, 11:10:22 AM
Minecraft can be played over lunch... can be played from a web browser... can be played when you have a free moment but not enough time to get into a ME3 story progression.

No Time is not really an excuse. It may be just my world at the moment, but I hear this far to often now.  And every time I want to use it myself I am regretful when I do.  But it is way easier to say that to someone than really what you want to say.  It just seems too convenient to use for some as of late (no one here mind you - just in my RL circles outside of here), and it is starting to gnaw at me.

Now Priority level is an excuse - you will always find time for things you really want to do: Look after the family, have a dinner with your significant other, read a book, sleep, eat, watch a TV show, relax, etc.  So if your interest is low then the "use of your time" priority is low.

Sorry Lazy, not particularly picking on you, more just ranting a bit about the lack of time everyone seems to have despite the same 24h clock we all live with.... /sigh

I can't  / won't play games while at work
I have a 1h 15min commute (means home time starts later)
My children frequently need attention until at least 9pm ish / I have after work activities to do.

So if you want to play starting past 10pm your time maybe,.... because that is when I get my gaming in... That and sometimes on the weekends when I am not out and about most of the day.

I like gaming but it isn't a priority... or at least I don't have much time for the priority level that gaming falls under.

I think once/if you get up to two plus kids you will understand... Thorin is even busier, more kids and they are in demanding activities.

If the iOS version supported online play with the server, then I would probably be able to sneak in some play time at other times of day.

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on March 15, 2012, 11:20:36 AM
I can't  / won't play games while at work
I have a 1h 15min commute (means home time starts later)
My children frequently need attention until at least 9pm ish / I have after work activities to do.

So if you want to play starting past 10pm your time maybe,.... because that is when I get my gaming in... That and sometimes on the weekends when I am not out and about most of the day.
Sorry you can't play at work... makes my lunch times a good refresher for the afternoon.  I know family life is important, and would never say otherwise.  After 10 is when I am there most nights if I am on...

QuoteI like gaming but it isn't a priority... or at least I don't have much time for the priority level that gaming falls under.
That is what I was getting at.  Priorities shift and change.  If gaming isn't a priority, that is fine.

QuoteI think once/if you get up to two plus kids you will understand... Thorin is even busier, more kids and they are in demanding activities.
And yet Thorin makes time for his D&D game nights, despite his many engagements, because it is a priority to him.  He isn't out of time, he just spends it differently.

And another peeve I am starting to get is the "when you have kids you will understand" statements.  Yes I know my life will change.  Yes I know my finances will change.  Yes I get that life will be different, that time will seem to disappear for myself or ourselves (meaning my wife and I).  Just cause I don't have kids of my own doesn't mean I live a sheltered uneducated life.  This way I live my life today is because my priorities and responsibilities are based on that life.  When my life changes, so will those priorities and responsibilities.  I hope when it is my turn with the family life that I have some aspect of my gaming still there - it relaxes me, it gives me a break from RL - it is a release.  I just may spend once a week at it instead of 3 to 4... or maybe more.  I won't know what that looks like until it happens.  Every one is different.  Hell I can see a difference between your parenting and Thorin's... between my wife's best friend and one of mine... neither are wrong to me, but there are definite differences which works for those whom use them.

Sorry again Lazy... you just happen to be hitting some RL sore points between me and others in my life circle... especially around my wedding and xmas events.  If you can't justify the priority no worries.  Know you will be missed.

QuoteIf the iOS version supported online play with the server, then I would probably be able to sneak in some play time at other times of day.

Yeah I was hoping it was as well so I could use the wife's iPad to play while Grey's is on....

Mr. Analog

Don't forget about the time difference. 10 PM EST is 11 PM MST.

I usually hit the sack at 11 ~
By Grabthar's Hammer