Main Menu

MINECRAFT

Started by Mr. Analog, December 10, 2011, 07:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So Lazy got a chance to Diggy Diggy Hole last night :D

There were 4 of us on at the same time, I think the number of users changes how many mobs spawn because they were EVERYWHERE lol

Suffice to say it was good, I got the last wall up on my tower and now I'm working on the top bit.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I moved off a ways from everyone by one of the beaches. I kept on getting blown up by creepers near buildings last night, causing unwanted damage to existing structures.

Went through several phases last night.
Overwhelmed
Frustrated
Acceptance
Addiction

Once you start making progress on an idea it is hard to stop.

Melbosa

And so it begins....
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

The best thing I can suggest is to not over do it. I got burned out real fast a couple times.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Oh gosh that reminds me of my first time too, first there's fear, then there was desperation for resources finally there's the conquest phase where you shape your world.

And the thing is you go through these phases at various points, like when you find a new cave system or venture into the Nether.

I think that's the real addiction part heh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I was much better off once I was away from everything established and could start expanding without fear... far fewer mobs spawning near my area... In fact since I am building on an island I seem to be able to be out doors fairly easy at night as long as I keep the torches up.

I plan on building a path back to the rest of the gang and possibly an extension of the rail system, assuming I can find the resources. At the very least I will build the tunnel and then maybe we can collaborate on the rail.. There is a nice natural pit with lava to explore on a near by beach and a another larger island land mass.

I believe my issue last night with skeletons was the light levels in populated area's, they can spawn in fairly well lit areas... Watch your lighting density.

Boats seem to be a pain to get in and out of without them drifting off or being destroyed... I was going to make a better dock but I might abandon that for a tunnel.

Found enough mushrooms to make a few bowel of stew so my character isn't starving any more.... hehe.

Mr. Analog

Hehe! One of the more interesting things to build if you're by an ocean is a dry-dock / boat launcher. I always break my boats (always have wood in your inventory! just in case!)

I'm actually thinking about building a super secret base once I get my industrial empire in order

:D

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I started a tunnel last night from the base of my bath house to the beach, near you Lazy... so when it is done, we can try and make one between it and your island fortress.  It is down near the bead rock though, so not the subway stuff that Stewie and Mr. Analog have been doing.  This will at least give you access to my mines if you need anything :D and give me a way to ship stuff to you.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

well I am planning on taking over the beaches in my area... Melbosa found me last night.

I think I am going to have to look into how the boat launcher works...

Started making glass, I am going to probably need to ship in some coal unless I can find a local source... I have a large supply of sand, that is for sure

The tree cover in our starting area seems to be a part of our mob problem BTW, both zombies and skeletons can survive the day with a minimal amount of tree shade... I am constantly finding zombies mid day in the forests... I think I am going to make a nice axe and start clear cutting some sections...

Mr. Analog

I can start digging a link eastward toward your fortress Mel.

I was planning on widening the southbound tunnel to allow for two track travel, I can add a switch to any of the track lines now that I can make sticky pistons.

I think what I may also do is add a better system for pausing minecarts at stations. I'll play around in creative mode to figure out something useful

I'll also be using detector tracks and sound boxes to add signal tones for incoming / outgoing traffic (BING-BOONG BING-BOONG)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

You can make a coal equivalent with trees, burn the raw logs in a furnace with other logs (or wooden stuff, sticks, planks, doors, etc) to make charcoal.

That solves two problems. Just make sure to collect saplings as they drop from trees so you can replenish your topiary.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on March 16, 2012, 09:40:48 AM
I started a tunnel last night from the base of my bath house to the beach, near you Lazy... so when it is done, we can try and make one between it and your island fortress.  It is down near the bead rock though, so not the subway stuff that Stewie and Mr. Analog have been doing.  This will at least give you access to my mines if you need anything :D and give me a way to ship stuff to you.

After leaning some more basics last night, I started making my tunnel from the island back to the main land (easier target to hit)... I believe I am a little more than half way but I believe the under water land mass drops off, so I will have to do some pure under water construction soon, which will be slower. I will likely alter its grade, as at the moment it steps down several times, I would like to make it flatter to make it easier to run or lay track in later.

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 16, 2012, 09:50:45 AM
You can make a coal equivalent with trees, burn the raw logs in a furnace with other logs (or wooden stuff, sticks, planks, doors, etc) to make charcoal.

That solves two problems. Just make sure to collect saplings as they drop from trees so you can replenish your topiary.

I had written that off as too time consuming, but given the amount of trees EVERYWHERE, this is actually a good idea, thanks.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on March 16, 2012, 09:53:50 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 16, 2012, 09:50:45 AM

I had written that off as too time consuming, but given the amount of trees EVERYWHERE, this is actually a good idea, thanks.

Yep, the number one priority for tools is once you find better material; upgrade

Making a diamond axe sounds pointless until you realize you can tear through a lot of trees very quickly.

Oh yeah! You don't have to cut down the leaves, they will dissipate on their own (and drop more saplings and possibly apples too!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 16, 2012, 09:59:43 AM
Oh yeah! You don't have to cut down the leaves, they will dissipate on their own (and drop more saplings and possibly apples too!)

I often end up hacking through a bunch of them since many are at ground level and blocking the whole area... Compared to almost all minecraft screen shots I have seen we have a very very dense forest.