Main Menu

D&D 4e Apps

Started by Tom, May 06, 2012, 04:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Ok, so I've been playing with D&D 4e apps, so far I've mainly looked at iplay4e, KSheet, and "D&D 4 Android".

So far I think I prefer KSheet, even though its a bit spartan and ugly. Once I realized it had a landscape mode with the stats side by side with the power cards, I started to like it :)

Pros and Cons (in my view):

IPlay4e:
pros: free, web based, uses dnd4e files, manages stats for you
cons: a little busy visually, mobile version doesn't load in stock android browser, no side by side view on mobile landscape version

KSheet:
pros: manages stats, can import characters directly from DDI account, and import from dnd4e files on sd card, non-trial version is not expensive ($2)
cons: 60 day trial for free version, portrait mode is mostly useless imo, could be prettier, maybe a bit more functional by letting you click on things directly to change them, rather than press one of several buttons at the top of the screen an select one of several options in a pop up list... Otherwise, its decent.

D&D 4 Android:
pros: looks nice, free
cons: not very functional, doesn't manage stats, doesn't import dnd4e files, everything must be entered by hand

I'll probably look at others, and add to this post later (or others can chime in at will ("chime in" is an at-will power. kekekeke)). There's a few more I see on "Google Play" that aren't free, but have decent reviews, so I'll probably give them a go.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

i4e is the most popular and mature one on the iOS.  Today I to looked into them.  This one is $5 on App Store though.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!