Roll20.Net Update Today

Started by Melbosa, April 30, 2013, 10:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Source: https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/139932/new-update-today-roll20-api-journal-tagging-token-slots-and-more#post-139932

QuoteRoll20 API, Journal Tagging, Token Slots, and More!

Some nice added features... what do you think?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Nice! I guess I'll have to learn how to use this dang thing better!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

The API looks really nice, especially with being able to set markers (red dot for bloodied, red X for dying) automatically based on health bars.

You know what I noticed, though?  Being able to add custom items to the turn tracker!  No more forgetting effects that end in a turn, just add 'em to the turn tracker.

The stuff we have set up as macros now, the attacks and stuff, they're also suggesting we add to our characters as Abilities.  The abilities can then be based on Attributes, and the attributes can be based on other attributes.  Thus you'd have a Level attribute, a Half-Level attribute, a Strength Mod attribute, and your Melee Basic Attack ability calculated as half-level + strength mod.  Then when you level up you change the value of the Level attribute, and everything else updates.

I just realized the API might allow us to select an icon and see detailed info from some other web app (say, an effect tracker?).  That's what's really missing for Roll20 to be useful with 4th edition - an effect tracker.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

I believe the API is limited to Mentor status, which I am not sure at this time how to acquire.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Quote from: Melbosa on April 30, 2013, 10:57:25 AM
I believe the API is limited to Mentor status, which I am not sure at this time how to acquire.

By paying: https://app.roll20.net/account/supporter/?minibarinfo
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

The new dynamic light fog of war is pretty cool, playing with it now
By Grabthar's Hammer