DDoSers take down Club Penguin

Started by Thorin, May 07, 2015, 09:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

My youngest plays Club Penguin.  He's been unable to play for at least five days now, and he's getting quite frustrated about it.  After some sleuthing (I mean, googling "club penguin ddos" and clicking one of the first five links), I found out that some guy named NullRout is DDoSing Club Penguin.  No reason given as to why he's taking down a kids game.

Club Penguin is run by Disney Interactive.  I wouldn't mind if they'd get a hold of a tech company that can help them filter out DDoS attacks...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Just so you guys know (and I'm sure I've mentioned it before) but a lot of teens and 20-somethings hang out at Club Penguin just to be weird or try getting banned so they can @%&#post

Likely what's happened is some asshat has decided to be the "ruiner of fun" and/or play the "avenging angel" type and DDOS it, once again kids fun got caught in the crossfire of dumb egotistical people
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, there's some concern about what can be said in the chat.  That's why they have moderated chat and ultimate safe chat.  In ultimate safe chat, you can only pick words from a predefined list and you can only see messages from other people using ultimate safe chat.

Sucks that they're messing it up.

Also, I learned today that there are illicit private servers set up for Club Penguin.  I'll have to watch and make sure those don't start infiltrating my house.  I'm sure, sure, those won't be nice places to visit.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 07, 2015, 09:53:21 AM
Just so you guys know (and I'm sure I've mentioned it before) but a lot of teens and 20-somethings hang out at Club Penguin just to be weird or try getting banned so they can @%&#post

This post has a LOT of funny ones all in one place (WARNING: music player auto-launches, insta-scroll to bottom to pause/stop the damn audio intrusion!)
http://just-for-grins.tumblr.com/post/93101584587/reminiscing-the-good-old-days-on-club-penguin

Strive for progress. Not perfection.