Main Menu

MINECRAFT

Started by Mr. Analog, December 10, 2011, 07:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

You need silk touch to mine glass.

Not sure how it could be there randomly.

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 30, 2020, 11:32:13 AMSomething weird happened the other day. I was mining as usual but when I came up and dumped my inventory I found a grass block. So two things:

1. Is it even possible to mine a grass block without silk touch?

2. What would a grass block be doing at level 11?

All I can think of is that it was an inventory glitch but still... Weird

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I also mined a grass block without silk touch a few days ago.  Mine was on the surface though.

Mr. Analog

Weird!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Sounds more like a bug where the block appears to be one thing but it is another.

Mr. Analog

So! A couple things:

1. Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders works great with the RTX 3080! *mwah* chef's kiss

2. Sildur's Shaders DOES NOT play nice (unless you like low FPS jank)

Which is a shame because I find SEUS a little too dark in caves and at night but it's just so damn pretty otherwise (dat water UNF) I can't stop using it.

Also did Optifine hide the VSync option somewhere? I can't seem to find it. Not that I need it but when I was trying Sildur's I thought it might make a difference and it was nowhere to be found.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I went creative mode today to install windows in one of my bigger builds as I couldn't be arsed to dig out a jillion sand...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 24, 2021, 12:23:32 PMI went creative mode today to install windows in one of my bigger builds as I couldn't be arsed to dig out a jillion sand...

Hah!  Doing everything in Survival really is a pain in the ass sometimes.  I have yet to flip to Creative for anything except when my kids had really nice tools and accidentally lost them in lava, and then I just replaced those tools for them.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I wonder about the build in the Nether sometimes because there's a lot of stone, ice and rails all up in there, more than I could produce with a large strip mine... But I could just be wrong

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I built the longest ice boatway in there, and it took me forever to get enough ice blocks for it, but I did it all in Survival.  Dunno about the stone, I don't see all that much, but I've never had trouble gathering stone, I dig mines for fun.  And after I dig out the cobble, I smelt it back to smooth stone, for the XP.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'm just saying I've seen a lot of completed tunnels in the Nether including some railways obscured by walls, makes me wonder if it was all survival mode...

I have the largest mine of anyone according to the overviewer and I only have 2 stacks of iron blocks and enough raw stone to build what I've built already seems like a lot more has been built by others?

I dunno I could be wrong

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 24, 2021, 06:32:56 PMI have the largest mine of anyone according to the overviewer and I only have 2 stacks of iron blocks

I have an iron golem farm and enough iron to make iron blocks for a full beacon at my base.. I have surplus iron and made nearly all the original the rails before switching to ice.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 24, 2021, 06:32:56 PMand enough raw stone to build what I've built already seems like a lot more has been built by others?

I have a super smelter in my base, that is how I made the large amounts of smooth stone and stone bricks I use in most of my builds.. It self fuels with a bamboo farm.

I also have a large villager trading post, I can replace enchanted diamond gear for free for the most part.

I have the following farms on a large scale:

Carrot and potato (used for villager trades)
Slime farm (had to turn it off literally have so much I don't know what to do with it)
Iron Golem Farm (started using it to make iron blocks for beacons)
Kelp and Bamboo farms (mostly used for fuel)
Honey Farm (semi automated) for honey blocks
Mellon and pumpkin farm (more villager trades)
Villager breeder (just takes food and starts producing villagers)
Mob Farms (get various drops like gunpowder, and spider webs)

Might have forgotten some but to build on a large scale I first build large farms to automate. I hate regular mining.

However, I am also near a desert, and have shovels with near full enchantments on them. I can get stacks of sand in minutes..

I have also explored the end and have shulker boxes that make moving supplies around for large builds easy.

Mr. Analog

I forgot about all that, impressive! Beats doing it the hard way...

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 24, 2021, 09:08:53 PMI forgot about all that, impressive! Beats doing it the hard way...

It's a more interesting kind of hard, took a long time to build those farms and I spent a lot of time feeding it back into my sorter system as well which consumed most of my iron, take a look at my base and how many hoppers are in there lol.

Thorin

Yeahhh...  I don't think you understand just how much I like the monotony of digging tunnels.  My mine is three layers deep and 100 x 200 blocks already.  I've got three and a half stacks of iron blocks after consistently using iron for armour.  And I have multiple double chests of smooth stone from all my mining.

To be clear, I like playing Survival and being able to say I built everything in Survival, but I don't care if you switched over to Creative for some or all of your builds.  It's not like we're competing for a high score or something.

Also, my daughter just asked me incredulously, "You still play minecraft?!"
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 13, 2021, 05:52:37 PMSo! A couple things:

1. Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders works great with the RTX 3080! *mwah* chef's kiss

2. Sildur's Shaders DOES NOT play nice (unless you like low FPS jank)

Which is a shame because I find SEUS a little too dark in caves and at night but it's just so damn pretty otherwise (dat water UNF) I can't stop using it.

Also did Optifine hide the VSync option somewhere? I can't seem to find it. Not that I need it but when I was trying Sildur's I thought it might make a difference and it was nowhere to be found.
So! I found the perfect combination of looks and performance using the BSL shaders.

Not too dark, not too light, zero lag, no blurring. Simply put this is the shader pack of choice.

I'll add a link later

By Grabthar's Hammer