How long 'till US goes to Libya?

Started by Stewie521, March 29, 2011, 04:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

OR accidents happen, it's not like it would be the first time (or last).

Battlefields are crazy places and it's hard to tell what's going on given the already loosely defined combat zones, I'm surprised there hasn't been more attrition really.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I just thought it was funny that the rebels managed to fire RPGs in the exact wrong/opposite direction, on their own city, rather than on Gadhafi's bunkers.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Stewie521

Well, I guess they could be drunk... I mean, you need a lot of moral to take place in a war, and that was a big solution in WWII, give the men alcohol, and they're not scared, they also die quicker though...

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Stewie521 on April 04, 2011, 03:52:12 PM
Well, I guess they could be drunk... I mean, you need a lot of moral to take place in a war, and that was a big solution in WWII, give the men alcohol, and they're not scared, they also die quicker though...

Uhhh what??

Regardless, I think the main problem is an oppressive dictator is trying to kill them EVERY DAY. That's pretty good motivation...

As for firing an RPG in the wrong direction, it's not like there's a big arrow painted on enemy targets. Heck I bet half of you would get lost walking around Edmonton WITH clearly marked roads and a classic grid pattern...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Indeed, but its something you want to be careful about. It could be your own house you hit.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on April 04, 2011, 04:39:00 PM
Indeed, but its something you want to be careful about. It could be your own house you hit.

Well you gotta remember that many of the rebels fighting there may not be from that city, even still, it's not as easy as you think to get even that right when they have little to no organization.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 04, 2011, 04:49:55 PM
Quote from: Tom on April 04, 2011, 04:39:00 PM

Well you gotta remember that many of the rebels fighting there may not be from that city, even still, it's not as easy as you think to get even that right when they have little to no organization.
I'm not saying it'd be easy. But it is something /I/ would try and be careful about.