Main Menu

MINECRAFT

Started by Mr. Analog, December 10, 2011, 07:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So I logged in for a bit, apparently we have a snowy biome, I built a crappy house and found some coal/iron.

There seems to be a chunk near the spawn that has unbreakable blocks which is very annoying.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 06, 2012, 03:50:39 PM
So I logged in for a bit, apparently we have a snowy biome, I built a crappy house and found some coal/iron.

There seems to be a chunk near the spawn that has unbreakable blocks which is very annoying.
The block around spawn is unchangeable by non admins. Was like that on the last server as well. Not sure if its possible to turn that off.. If not, I can just make you an admin \o/
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Well it's okay, I just have to be careful about what direction I diggy diggy hole I guess
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Y'know that's one of the few things I haven't found yet, even on locally generated maps.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

What, food in general or square watermelons in particular?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on February 07, 2012, 11:58:07 AM
What, food in general or square watermelons in particular?
Probably watermellons. They are somewhat rare. But once you have some, you can plant them and start a farm. Each slice is only worth 1 heart though, so you need a lot of them. But then each mellon leads to a lot of slices, so you end up with a lot of them.

Thorin

Cool!  There is just so much to that game, I don't dare try to start playing it...  I'll be stuck in there forever.  Just like my son is now.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on February 07, 2012, 12:05:58 PM
Cool!  There is just so much to that game, I don't dare try to start playing it...  I'll be stuck in there forever.  Just like my son is now.
It gets boring... I tend to play for a while, the not for a longer while. Ad infinitum.

It would be a lot better if it was more thought out. and less buggy. Sometimes its just frustrating.

Mr. Analog

I like building stuff, when I get into it I can spend HOURS

I should be on tonight, maybe I'll hook up my mic too so we can chat
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

See, I can get stuck on Freeciv for six or eight or ten hours straight.  Man, just thinking about all the lost sleep hurts me in my brain.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I like it because it's like playing with 1x1 metre Lego, but sometimes you have to kill to stay alive LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'm not sure I'll be on. I really don't have any ideas on what I want to build. It's kinda like "meh".

Mr. Analog

Well, help me fight my way through the caves under the shack I built :P

Let's get some Endermen Pearls and find one of those fortress things
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I spruced up my house and found some cool stuff (diamond/gold/redstone). I've left lots of signs for people who go poking around the place as it's right near the spawn.

I also found a LOT of caves full of nasty things

I really need to get a farm going though THE RED WARRIOR NEEDS FOOD BADLY

I plan on building some really cool buildings and a proper railway system this time. Though it will have to be further away from the spawn, this biome is very dense with trees/hills and stuff... maybe a subway system just below ground level.
By Grabthar's Hammer