Main Menu

Started by Thorin, August 14, 2012, 07:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Release 1.3.2, really just a bugfix release, is coming out Thursday (two days!): http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/579-132-update-on-the-way-minetv-ep3-news-around-the-minecraft-world/

Are ya plannin' on updatin' tha serv-ahrr?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Bugfixes are good. If anyone has a problem with it let me know otherwise I'll update once its out officially.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Clearly I have no problem with it :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Let me know when you update so I can do my rebuild after lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 14, 2012, 09:51:54 PM
Let me know when you update so I can do my rebuild after lol
:P

There's daily backups again as well as I copy the current map data right before an update /just in case/.

Thorin

And Overviewer is working again (yay! YYAAYY!!)

edit: except signs are not working on the Overviewer :(
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 14, 2012, 10:11:17 PM
And Overviewer is working again (yay! YYAAYY!!)

edit: except signs are not working on the Overviewer :(
I upgraded Overviewer and some things related to signs changed. I probably didn't properly change the config. I'll look into it soon.

Thorin

Let us know when you upgrade to 1.3.2, please.  I had the newer client but rolled it back with MCNostalgia.

Stewie used to run a 1.2.5 server a couple of months ago.  It ate up a lot of memory and got laggy pretty quick.  His new server runs 1.3.1 and is pretty smooth.  He was playing on it during the weekend and found the server to be a bit laggy, so checked memory usage - that's when he noticed he had the Minecraft server, Minecraft client, and Skyrim all running at the same time.  On a laptop.  On wifi.  He would not have been able to run Skyrim at the same time as the Minecraft server back in 1.2.5.  I guess those performance improvements really are working.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I upgraded and logged in yesterday and didn't notice any issues?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I've upgraded to 1.3.2 and everything seems to be working.  Except Zombe's Mod Pack hasn't been updated yet, which kinda sucks - I frequently use the Safe mod to show where mobs can spawn (that way I don't have to do the math in my head).  This might even make me downgrade! (using MCNostalgia).

So enchanting in 1.3.x is much, much better.  In the span of 2 hours and 15 minutes, I went from level 0 to level 30 five times, and enchanted five items:

- diamond pickaxe with Efficiency IV, Unbreaking III, Fortune III
- diamond shovel with Unbreaking III, Silk Touch I
- diamond axe with Unbreaking III, Efficiency IV
- diamond sword with Sharpness III
- diamond pickaxe with Unbreaking III, Efficiency IV, Silk Touch I

So all but one had multiple enchantments, and most enchantments were at the highest power they could be.  All that in less time than it used to take to enchant one item at top level!

I'm especially happy about that first pickaxe as I'd lost one just like it yesterday when I lent it to my daughter, went mining with her, and then accidentally mined a block out from under her causing her to fall into a lava lake!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Haha, never dig down!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I was just getting some iron that was on the floor of our tunnel and she wasn't standing on it when I began to mine, but just as I was mining she jumped over and then the block broke :(
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

NEVER DIG DOWN

This message brought to you by the People Who should Not Dig Down

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

They dug too deep Mr. A! They dug too deep.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on August 21, 2012, 09:53:02 PM
They dug too deep Mr. A! They dug too deep.

THAT'S WHAT IT IS LEWIS! hahahahaha
By Grabthar's Hammer