"new map" Minecraft event tonight

Started by Thorin, August 02, 2013, 10:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Should be online soon-ish doin' some laundry and packin' some @%&# for tomorrow
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Here's the highlight of the night:

Moshpit. Imagine them jumping up and down (they are in some water).
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Well I see someone was busy after we logged off...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, I was on for a few more hours and built a railroad down to our base plus finished the enchanting area. I also used the eggs from the egg farm to make a bunch of chickens and then killed them to get feathers and food. That's what that hole next to the egg farm is for: throwing eggs and letting the chicks grow.

AND I GOT A CARROT! I went out and hunted zombies until one finally dropped one. So someone needs to cultivate it and then go get piggies to our base. Also, we should move all the animals and the farm into our underground base, I think.

Tom, thanks for showing me how the hoppers work. The ever-running furnace worked out really neat, and the egg farm works good, too. Too bad we don't get XP when the hoppers take the cooked materials out.

Lazy, that hedge maze around the teleport point is really cool! That was a great idea. I hope you had fun doing the underground exploring, too.

I couldn't believe how quickly we got iron and then diamonds, and how quickly we built everything up. Seriously, a wheat farm, cows, sheep, and chickens, a nice bedroom, a giant underground base area with a glass-over-lava floor, an enchantment table with bookcases, a couple of mines, a hedge maze, a dock, almost every resource (I think we're missing cactus and snow?), a nether portal, tons of food of different types, diamond picks and enchanted items, all done between 7 and 12!

I will build a proper Tele-Portal sometime today so that we can travel back and forth easily.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

The hedge maze was something I was thinking about for another build. Had something larger and more nicely finished in mind but this little one didn't turn out bad.

I like that you can see though the bush and jump to see a little more.

Tom

I forgot about this guy. No, he's not standing on a higher block, he's jumping up and down to get me :D I can't help but think of that one song "Jump jump jump around"

:D

Thorin

Okay, got the Tele-Portal built, I called this area LAVA LAIR.  If we get the Overviewer back, I'll add an entry to the Usamot Travel Guide.

Put up a sign for people to please not break our beautiful hedge maze, too :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 03, 2013, 11:56:24 AM
Yeah, I was on for a few more hours and built a railroad down to our base plus finished the enchanting area. I also used the eggs from the egg farm to make a bunch of chickens and then killed them to get feathers and food. That's what that hole next to the egg farm is for: throwing eggs and letting the chicks grow.

When Thorin says "a few hours". he means five or more. :D

Thorin

What?  What?  Are you reading the logs again?

I had to wait for the damn cows to grow up so I could take their skins.  Went around and found a dog while I was waiting.  Also, digging out that 5x5 vertical shaft for the railway took a lot longer with stone and iron tools...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 03, 2013, 10:03:17 PM
What?  What?  Are you reading the logs again?
They are hard to miss, I have the server open in a tmux session pretty much all the time.

Mr. Analog

I found a desert, a desert village (with some actual decent trades!) AND a pyramid!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 07, 2013, 12:12:01 AM
I found a desert, a desert village (with some actual decent trades!) AND a pyramid!
I know right? I swear all of the new stuff in our map is so much better than it was before the trim. I found a couple villages, one had a really decent bunch of trades (19 coal for an emerald? I'll take that every day!). In my little adventure log there you can see a desert temple, a jungle temple and a bunch of other stuff.

Mr. Analog

I actually found 3 diamonds in the blacksmiths too :)

The lag was really bad tonight tho, I wonder if it is the chickens?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 07, 2013, 12:34:31 AM
I actually found 3 diamonds in the blacksmiths too :)

The lag was really bad tonight tho, I wonder if it is the chickens?
Only if the chunk is loaded. And only if theres a massive massive number of chickens.

Mr. Analog

All I know is that chests would stay open for over a minute, lots of ghost blocks and mobs and walking through doors was a serious challenge.
By Grabthar's Hammer