Main Menu

1.6 on Usamot

Started by Thorin, August 30, 2013, 08:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Thanks for updating the Usamot server, Tom.  I haven't gotten on there yet, but I'm looking forward to all the new goodies 1.6 provides us.  I wonder if anyone has a horse yet?

And I'm posting here because apparently I'm not allowed to post in the Server Status thread...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

All I know is that with all the latest plugins (I use anyway) everything is so much nicer.

Maybe we can see some other faces tonight :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'm planning on going on a horse expeidition, but I've been availing myself of the skelli xp farm. got a stupid kick ass sword. looting III, knockback II, fireaspect II, and smite IV. Also got some basic nice work picks. I'm hoping for some fortune and silktouch, but itll probably be a while.

After I run out of the tools I made to enchant, I'll be enchanting books. see what I get out of that. first a few 30s then a crap load of 1s
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

The only thing to look out for is mobs at night, it's crazy out there in 1.6
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Oh, i've made a small mod to the xp farm, I hope you guys don't mind! slapped a couple single chests to store personal stuff while idling too.

I'm liking that this farm takes a whole 12 minutes to get you to 30 levels. I was expecting to have to wait longer.

And I was being stupid when I was setting up my new portal.. I disabled one of the gates I got connected to, to see if it'd then create a new gate for me. But no. I ended up having to use the gate I got connected to, to create a new dedicated portal for my base. I left the piece of obsidian I removed from it in a chest. I'll fix it if I see it again, but yeah...

Tom

I'm probably going to add a garbage chute to it some place.

Thorin

Which XP farm are you referring to, Tom?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2013, 11:29:24 AM
Which XP farm are you referring to, Tom?
I believe it's your skelli farm. looks like your style of build, especially the storage room.

Thorin

Is there glass at the drop-chute and a door next to it leading up to a multi-level farm?  That'd be my skelly farm.  I've got a little pool of water that I use as a garbage disposal there, and there's an enchantment table close enough that the skellies don't stop spawning while you're enchanting.  Where'd you put your chests?  Hopefully you labelled them.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Oh, and 12 minutes?  I Was pretty sure it was closer to 25 minutes for 30 levels.  Maybe skeletons spawn faster in 1.6?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2013, 11:43:59 AM
Is there glass at the drop-chute and a door next to it leading up to a multi-level farm?  That'd be my skelly farm.  I've got a little pool of water that I use as a garbage disposal there, and there's an enchantment table close enough that the skellies don't stop spawning while you're enchanting.  Where'd you put your chests?  Hopefully you labelled them.
Well they aren't going to stay my chests. I put them there by the chute so people can temporarily store stuff while they're mucking about in there.

I've disconnected for a bit, left a bunch of my stuff in the top chest, I'll be back for it after I get some crud done.

Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2013, 11:47:02 AM
Oh, and 12 minutes?  I Was pretty sure it was closer to 25 minutes for 30 levels.  Maybe skeletons spawn faster in 1.6?
Yeah, its pretty crazy, It's about 12-15 minutes for a full 30 levels. I left my client idle for a bit and got "distracted" with work, and there was over 300 entities in there, and basically, I got 2.5-3 full 30 level enchants out of it. I think its somewhere around 120 "entities" per 30 levels (some entities are static and don't go away, one is you, and I'm sure theres some mobs or animals hanging around some place close that add to it. so I'm not 100% sure on the exact number to look for).

Mr. Analog

Post the overviewer location maybe?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 30, 2013, 12:13:29 PM
Post the overviewer location maybe?
If i remember to ;D  Also there are signs in the nether pointing to it from all over the place.

That reminds me, I connected up my new base to the paths in there, and added some signs.

Thorin

Yeah, this is the skelly xp farm I built.  Tom's adding some enhancements (like a garbage disposal and hoppers to auto-collect the monster drops).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

warning, the disposal is a tad annoying :( I forgot about the noise the dropper makes when it fires an item.