-Corner stairs
-Stone fences
-Fire spreads fast (like old Minecraft)
-Put items on the wall in a special frame
-Maps can be displayed on the wall

and creepiest of all

-New Boss Monster

A horrifying 3 headed terror.

Some scary stuff headed our way that's for sure!!!

I can hardly wait for invisible trolling ::)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Of note, the "Official 3rd party mod system" is NOT on the list...

Even though I am not playing much I am thinking it is time to white-list the server.

Mr. Analog

Interesting, I missed that part.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Corner stairs will be awesome to make new and interesting designs.  Mobs being able to use portals is gonna suck for me - I'll have to move my portal outside the perimeter (or enclose it an inner perimeter).

I assume they don't have the mod system on the list because it takes longer than a week to design and build...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 25, 2012, 07:10:19 PM
Corner stairs will be awesome to make new and interesting designs.  Mobs being able to use portals is gonna suck for me - I'll have to move my portal outside the perimeter (or enclose it an inner perimeter).

I assume they don't have the mod system on the list because it takes longer than a week to design and build...
The mod system has been in the works for a year or more. Notch tried once, then he said it was impossible ;D

With the way the game is made, it won't be easy. Its one monolithic pile of code. The whole thing would need to be modularized a bit, and allow registration of new /stable/ block ids. But given all the work the new team has put into it as of late, they are probably well on the way to that. Forget refactoring, they've probably come close to rewriting it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

The main thing I see as trouble are mobs that can use enchanted weapons, that horrifying boss and of course some joker using potions of invisibility.

Lewis demonstrated this on Simon with an invisible creeper trap
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer