If we eren't a Guild site what would you change?

Started by Melbosa, October 21, 2005, 03:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Some good points and good discussion.

I like some of the ideas posted here, and will focus directly on the Forum section for now.

Here is my thoughts:

We are a Guild site or Clan site, which ever term you wish to use or how you wish to define us.  Our General Category will stay open to public viewing, and any General Topics we setup that is not very specific or warrants a User Group (MMOs General Topics, Archaic General Topic). Guild/Clan specific topics will be limited to Registration, as well as Archives, Forum Topics, etc (this is an expansion of Cova's suggestion).  Posting will always be limited to Registration.

Our Categories will pretty much be contingent based with an MMO focus (for now), with others adding as members warrant - BF2 one if we were all trying to organize a large following in that game for example.  User Groups will be used for sectioning off Topics or Categories where needed and warranted - user privacy, or regional based.

There should never be, nor ever there was, a pressure to make people play or play on or play with in games.  Righteous Wrath will always run a poll for servers or such if there is a need, and will only ever be represented in one place on any particular game (as so not to cause confusion of who or where or what we are as a group).  This does not mean that you are limited or enforced to play on those servers, just that RW itself will ony be represented in one place.

This will also not limit posting or such about the game or what your doing or anything while you play with others on these boards, but other guild/clan recruitment will not be allowed (even if RW does not have a presence there) nor will we be a hub for organizing other Guild/Clan events.  We don't want to confuse our members by having more than one Guild/Clan represented on these boards.

In specific regards to MMOs, we have a motto with which we follow, and this will be back on the main site.  This does not mean that we would do totally different things with other games, as a general rule we really don't like to be cheaters or gankers in any game, as I think most of us are pretty nice people - but this is only really applies if you are playing that game under the RW Flag.  So for MMOs we will be a little more focused as how RW is represented, and this is something that I think both Mags and I have the final say on - as this is what this place started out as - and we don't want to loose site of our vision of RW in MMOs.

Does this sound reasonable?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Just to clearify the final result of the forums, the layout as I see it is as follows:

Legend:

A - Administrators

M - Moderators

P - Public

R - Registered

U - User Group

L - Locked
[/i]

Administration (A)

General (A)

Board Features (A)

Moderation (M)

General (M)

Help/Guidelines (M)

General (P)

Announcements (R) (L)

Lobby (P)

Game Chat (P)

Bazaar (R)

Help (P)

City of Heroes/City of Villains (P)

General (P)

Guild Events (R)

Help (R)

Portraits & Paintings (R)

World of Warcraft (P)

General (P)

Archaic Games (P)

General (P)

D&D (P)

General (P)

D&D 3.0 (U)

D&D 3.5 (U)

Heroscape (P)

General (P)

User Group Discussion (U)

Disc Golf (P)

General (P)

User Group Discussion (U)

Edmontonians (U)

General (U)

Archives (R)

E3 2005 (R) (L)

Guild Wars (R) (L)

World of Warcraft (R) (L)

Issue Tracking (R)

Forum Related (R)
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!