Doctor Who Season Five

Started by Thorin, June 07, 2010, 04:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I _think_ the new series premieres August 25th; I'll be watching the torrent sites for it that day (found it, http://mgeitf.co.uk/home/MGEITF/programme/2012-programme.aspx, click the Saturday 25th tab).

The kids have been re-watching select episodes, although out of order.  Keep in mind, Gillan leaves the show this season, but Jenna-Louise Coleman will handily replace her (I think her companion name will be Clara).  This season is different than most of the new Doctor Who - it doesn't start with a Christmas special.

The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone was a great two-parter, agreed.

The Hungry Earth / Cold Blood was another great one, reimagining the Silurians (they used to have three eyes back in the Third Doctor's days).

I liked pretty much any episode with Alex Kingston in it - she did a great job playing Melody Pond / River Song / The Doctor's Killer / The Doctor's (Hinted At) Wife (she's not).  What a great twist of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff that she was named after herself!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on July 07, 2012, 12:52:02 AM
I liked pretty much any episode with Alex Kingston in it - she did a great job playing Melody Pond / River Song / The Doctor's Killer / The Doctor's (Hinted At) Wife (she's not).  What a great twist of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff that she was named after herself!

Agreed, she has such an over the top personality at times but you can tell a lot of that is a response to inner conflict and whatnot. Plus Alex is a great actress, I remember her playing VERY different characters on both "ER" and "Flashforward", always convincingly.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.