Minecraft 1.5 has been Released

Started by Mr. Analog, March 14, 2013, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

I just had a bizarre death. I was siting in a perfectly safe location and went AFK for a few minutes.  When I got back I was looking at the respawn screen and was in flames.  What's more weird about it is that I lost no XP whatsoever.  I also did not respawn in the correct position.

Thomas, can you check to see if the co-ordinates where I died were stored?  I was wearing a full set of enchanted diamond armour that I would like to get back.

Tom

As far as I know, your last death coords are not saved anywhere. I checked the logs, and the file format specs for players, and nada. there is a current position saved, but you respawned so I doubt that'll have what you want.

That really does sound like an odd death.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

If you die, type /back to get back to where you died. If this doesn't work, something got seriously messed up (also, change your password).

What enchantments were in the armour?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on May 28, 2013, 11:19:49 PM
If you die, type /back to get back to where you died. If this doesn't work, something got seriously messed up (also, change your password).

That was my first action, and it took me to my actual spawn point.  That was not where I died however.  When I had joined the game a few minutes earlier, I had been inside the LennyTown keep.  When I came back, and found myself dead, I was outside.

I doubt it was a security issue, as I was online the entire few minutes this all happened.  Seems more like some weird glitch.

Quote from: Thorin on May 28, 2013, 11:19:49 PMWhat enchantments were in the armour?

Protection from pretty much everything + Respiration. I cant remember which enchantments I had on my bow and diamond sword.

Mr. Analog

Could it have been a lightning strike?

That's all I can think of.
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

That occurred to me as well, though it still doesn't explain how I got outside.

Thorin

Hey, fly mode is enabled again by default, at least for me.  Is this someone that everyone's allowed to use, or should we be making fly mode unavailable to keep the playing field level?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

What client mods do you have installed? Fly mode is client side for the most part, and I've heard some inventory mods will enable fly/op mode on join if you're an op.

Mr. Analog

Yeah for a while we had a script that would detect flying and boot you out, or maybe it's your op status that isn't tripping it. What mods do you have installed?

I wish there was an item you could craft in-game that allowed flying, it would make building stuff so much easier lol.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I have Optifine, Rei's Minimap, and Zombe's Mod Pack. It's probably part of that last one, and it's probably something new or changed and that's why it's not already disabled. I'll check.

Here I thought it was something our server was giving me that I didn't want.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

There is a server setting that I knew existed, but didn't see the last time I looked ::) I just re-disabled flying. it'll boot anyone the server thinks is using a fly-mod/hack.

It shouldn't block flying in creative mode though.

Thing is though, it is never enabled client side outside of creative, unless you have a mod that lets it happen. And some will enable creative mode powers if you're an op when you log in (like those inventory tools will enable cheat mode on join if you're an op, or so I've heard).

Tom

Let me know if you guys want me to change the dynmap port back to the default. I had it changed to 8124 for the test, and forgot to put it back (that setting is stored in a separate file...)

Thorin

I looked at the Zombe's config file, there is a fly mod option but it's disabled by default.  Also, to turn it on or off uses the hot key F, which does not enable/disable it in-game.  Instead, I have to issue the /fly command to enable/disable.  I think this command is part of Essentials, but I'm not sure.  It's definitely not part of my client-side mod pack, though.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Yeah, essentials does have a fly command, I just noticed.