Main Menu

FRIDAY!!

Started by Mr. Analog, May 06, 2011, 03:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Lazybones on September 27, 2012, 09:17:39 PM
Odd, but do they have a streets that make 90 degree turns thus making intersections of the same street name?

Adjacent towns that have the same street names but are not the same connected street?

They don't have street names.  Let me reiterate, if you're on a street, you have no way of knowing what street that is on the map as there is no street name that you can read from a sign and then find on the map.

Yes, you're describing a confusing system where you look at a street sign and it could be a couple of different streets on the map you're looking on, but imagine looking at the map and it's all lines with no names, and you simply cannot match it up against real life!

I've never heard navigating any city in Canada described as a black art, however: The Black Art of Finding A Japanese Address.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

The workday has just started and I already can't wait for it to end.  The evening will be fun (a ringette practice, then help out at hockey evaluations), but the day, BLAH.  I think it's time for my team to say collectively that we want off reporting.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Just... everything went wrong this morning *sigh*

It's just one of those days

I will be glad to blow off some steam tomorrow
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I think I need to make a rule that it can't be called a "known requirement" until it's at least written down somewhere.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 28, 2012, 09:42:55 AM
I think I need to make a rule that it can't be called a "known requirement" until it's at least written down somewhere.

Now I know how your teams Sprint Planning gets done so fast haha :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

It's not my team that calls it a known requirement without writing it down, it's external forces.  When we plan our sprints, we figure out all the tasks required for a story, just like the other teams.  The problem is that we have a person with a vision who wants the software yesterday but doesn't understand (or perhaps doesn't care) that us dev and qa people need more than vague suggestions stated at a meeting to know what the software should actually do.

And the last big piece I developed where the description of what was desired was vague (and not what they actually wanted), I thought I did a good job and then I heard that it was basically garbage and unusable, so understandably I'm a bit more hesistant about developing based on vague suggestions.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

So... I'm guessing product owner? Does your team do product owner feedback during sprint reviews?

If so I would say rate them down 'cause clearly the wireframes and/or functional spec documents aren't being done properly or at least reviewed. We went through some crap like that last year and had to have some serious conversations with our PO and the powers that be.

This year most of our problems have been external teams pulling us into their problems. :-/
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!

I am so glad this week is almost over...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

It's been one of those weeks, has it?

Back on Monday, I was at ringette practice and one of the parents said "only four more days to the weekend!"
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

LOL

You know why Tuesday morning is the best? It's the most possible time before the next Monday heh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So you're saying Tuesday 00:00:01 is the best second in the world?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

In relation to Monday; yes
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer