Experimental Tekkit Server

Started by Tom, May 11, 2012, 09:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Sev just logged in. He switched off my refinery for me :D woot.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 04, 2012, 08:51:58 AM
The chunks shouldn't get unloaded since they have teleport tethers. Of course that assumes that's bug free ;D

Well I'm just reading in-between what I see on the wiki. The client is only supposed to  load the chunk your in it sounds like it can't handle loading multiple chunks at the same time.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 04, 2012, 09:18:35 AM
The chunks shouldn't get unloaded since they have teleport tethers. Of course that assumes that's bug free ;D

Well I'm just reading in-between what I see on the wiki. The client is only supposed to  load the chunk your in it sounds like it can't handle loading multiple chunks at the same time.
Hmm. I was under the impression that the chunks are all kept loaded if you use chunk loaders, regardless if you're there or not. But I have no idea.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 04, 2012, 09:25:02 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 04, 2012, 09:18:35 AM

Hmm. I was under the impression that the chunks are all kept loaded if you use chunk loaders, regardless if you're there or not. But I have no idea.

Yes, but it's a mod and there are a lot of others with the exact same issue in both SMP and local (at least on the wiki comments page for that stuff)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Heads up, I'm thinking of adding the Additional BuildCraft Objects mode from: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/682821-125bc3152214091-additional-buildcraft-objects

Once I do, people will need to download the client side package for BuildCraft 2.2.14.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 07, 2012, 08:12:19 PM
Heads up, I'm thinking of adding the Additional BuildCraft Objects mode from: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/682821-125bc3152214091-additional-buildcraft-objects

Once I do, people will need to download the client side package for BuildCraft 2.2.14.

Other than faster pipes, what are the benefits?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 08, 2012, 10:58:44 AM

The valve and liquid balance pipes are particularly interesting to me. I can see the insertion and extraction pipes being useful too. Though maybe a bit of an overlap there with the advanced pipes from the advanced bc pipes mod.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 08, 2012, 11:16:04 AM

The valve and liquid balance pipes are particularly interesting to me. I can see the insertion and extraction pipes being useful too. Though maybe a bit of an overlap there with the advanced pipes from the advanced bc pipes mod.

I guess the one thing I want to make sure of is that there are no incompatibilities that will make life difficult :)

I plan on building a reactor today :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 08, 2012, 11:21:49 AM
Quote from: Tom on July 08, 2012, 11:16:04 AM

I guess the one thing I want to make sure of is that there are no incompatibilities that will make life difficult :)

I plan on building a reactor today :D
I'd have to test it first with a copy of the map, just to make sure. because if any of the id's conflict, I'd have to work around that issue manually. the tekkit/bukkit setup has a way of sorting out conflicting ids, but I'd need to save the id's it did use, just in case I have to upgrade the main server or whatnot, and have to reinstall the plugin. things don't work so well if the id's are wrong ;D

Mr. Analog

Ehh, if anyone's gonna be online tonight can you move depleted uranium cells to the box next to my reactor?

Thanks!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 09, 2012, 04:17:39 PM
Ehh, if anyone's gonna be online tonight can you move depleted uranium cells to the box next to my reactor?

Thanks!

Lol that sounds so wrong

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on July 09, 2012, 04:45:35 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 09, 2012, 04:17:39 PM

Thanks!

Lol that sounds so wrong

Note how I didn't ask them to put uranium INTO the reactor

I trust you guys, but I only trust you guys
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I logged in to move your uranium cells, but they were already gone :o

In other news my 63x63 quarry is done...

Most of what you see in those chests were auto mined from the big quarry. The last image is the amount of diamonds that were generated from all of the cobble, sand, gravel, and dirt. Thats a lot of fsckin cobble right there. 26*8192. A lot of cobble.

So yeah, shut down my refinery setup for now, as all it was doing was powering itself ;D it would eventually run dry if I let it, because the engines were powering the water pump which keeps them cool, as well as the refinery turning the oil into gas (both of which take a fair amount of power), so as it ran those things, the engines used more fuel.. which means it had to pump more water and make more fuel... etc.

append: some math: 3328 stacks of junk in that condenser :D man. I'm glad I didn't bother with chests for that.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

You know what the best thing ever is?

MINING LASER

That is all.
By Grabthar's Hammer