Experimental Tekkit Server

Started by Tom, May 11, 2012, 09:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

:D oh man, I may have to spin up my own server just to see what the TF2 stuff is like haha

Yeah, no worries, I know my way around pretty well by now, just have to remap stuff.

A pity the new build craft stuff didn't work, but not like there isn't TONS of stuff already lol

:D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 20, 2012, 11:40:45 PM
:D oh man, I may have to spin up my own server just to see what the TF2 stuff is like haha

Yeah, no worries, I know my way around pretty well by now, just have to remap stuff.
If you lose that .points file all your way points disappear. It's quite annoying. Thankfully I do daily backups of all my machines \o/

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 20, 2012, 11:40:45 PM
A pity the new build craft stuff didn't work, but not like there isn't TONS of stuff already lol

:D
Some people had it working, I get the same error they do, but the way they fixed it didn't work. So I dunno. I'll try again later.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

All of my level Crafting Table IIs are gone

http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_Table_II

The worst part is that I've lost all the stuff I had in them (on of which was a Red Power 2 alloy furnace)

:C
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

The recipe doesn't even work anymore, this is THE ONE must-have item for the Technic Pack, seriously.

WTF

There's nothing on the wiki about this being deprecated.

RAAAAAAAAGE
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

It may just be a block id confusion. I'll take a look at it.

Tom

Turns out, the Crafting Table MKIII has been removed due to a crap load of bugs, and incompatibility with the new version of Forge in Tekkit 3.1.1.

Mr. Analog

It's pretty damn sad...

Ah well, I just found out that you can press "R" in TooManyItems and see the crafting instructions
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 22, 2012, 12:36:46 PM
It's pretty damn sad...

Ah well, I just found out that you can press "R" in TooManyItems and see the crafting instructions
Also in regular or utility mode you can just click on items. then press the ? button to have it overlaid on your crafting table.

That box at the bottom lets you type the names of items, to filter the list. Watch out though it has a rather (imo) annoying feature where if you double click on that text entry, it'll get a red outline, and then items in the NEI interface and your inventory will be greyed out if they don't match the search. Why is that annoying? It persists across uses, so even if you're not using it, you need to clear the filter field, or your inventory is greyed out even outside of a table.

Mr. Analog

I built an Energy Collector and Antimatter Relay a Nova Catalyst and a Klein Star Ein

Interesting stuff, creating EMC from sunlight, I was quite surprised to learn how expensive an Energy Collector was, but given that it gives you raw EMC... pretty good stuff

I also started pumping water into storage last night as I thought they were used for steam engines.

I think I may power my solar panel factory with steam power but I don't know what the energy output is yet (I guess it's time to build one of those volt meters?).

The stupid Tekkit wiki doesn't list the output...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 23, 2012, 09:51:32 AM
I built an Energy Collector and Antimatter Relay a Nova Catalyst and a Klein Star Ein

Interesting stuff, creating EMC from sunlight, I was quite surprised to learn how expensive an Energy Collector was, but given that it gives you raw EMC... pretty good stuff

I also started pumping water into storage last night as I thought they were used for steam engines.

I think I may power my solar panel factory with steam power but I don't know what the energy output is yet (I guess it's time to build one of those volt meters?).

buildcraft wiki does :)

Steam Engines are pretty decent power output wise. But you need like four of them to fully power a quarry. But a quarry is a power hog. But yes, leave the oil to meeeeee ;D

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 23, 2012, 10:38:26 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 23, 2012, 09:51:32 AM

buildcraft wiki does :)

Steam Engines are pretty decent power output wise. But you need like four of them to fully power a quarry. But a quarry is a power hog. But yes, leave the oil to meeeeee ;D

Yeah, I'd go for oil but it's been tapped by everyone else.

I may end up building another reactor
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

There's lots more oil ;)

But yeah, other sources, like my (soon to be) automated charcoal generator is probably a good bet.

I'm just wondering if I should go for a bunch of plain old furnaces, or a couple induction furnaces for this. I should go look up how much power one induction takes up, and how much it is able to smelt vs a bunch of regular furnaces.

Mr. Analog

If you have an induction furnace up to 100% heat it will constantly drain 16 EU/t
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Ok, so after a bit of math and testing, a generator gets you 10EU/t, and a furnace making said charcoal uses 3EU/t. Not bad. If I were to use an induction furnace, I'd only need two generators to cover the cost.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 23, 2012, 12:49:31 PM
Ok, so after a bit of math and testing, a generator gets you 10EU/t, and a furnace making said charcoal uses 3EU/t. Not bad. If I were to use an induction furnace, I'd only need two generators to cover the cost.

I find with solar panels and a couple of battboxes I never run out.

Though current is affected if I run all my macerators and the induction furnace together. I found that I could mitigate this by putting charged RE batteries in my macerators.

Mind you all my stuff is overclocked... so that draws a lot more power
By Grabthar's Hammer