Experimental Tekkit Server

Started by Tom, May 11, 2012, 09:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 23, 2012, 12:54:04 PM
Quote from: Tom on July 23, 2012, 12:49:31 PM
Ok, so after a bit of math and testing, a generator gets you 10EU/t, and a furnace making said charcoal uses 3EU/t. Not bad. If I were to use an induction furnace, I'd only need two generators to cover the cost.

I find with solar panels and a couple of battboxes I never run out.

Though current is affected if I run all my macerators and the induction furnace together. I found that I could mitigate this by putting charged RE batteries in my macerators.

Mind you all my stuff is overclocked... so that draws a lot more power
I'm going to try putting in a mass fabricator. That thing will drain 512EU/t. I may even put in multiple.

Basically I need a @%&# load of power ;D

I also have like 5 (or more?) low voltage solar arrays hooked up to an MFSU, which is pretty much always full. It's also got a MFE down the line, just because I didn't want to remove it. I have lots of storage, but I currently can't keep up with a Mass Fabricator, and of course the scrap machines to go with it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

As long as you can keep a steady draw I don't see any problems happening.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 23, 2012, 01:31:21 PM
Well I don't expect any issues with exploding... But pulling 512EU/t when you're only making like 32-48, even a full MFSU doesn't last very long.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 23, 2012, 02:22:50 PM
Well I don't expect any issues with exploding... But pulling 512EU/t when you're only making like 32-48, even a full MFSU doesn't last very long.

Yep, it's surprising how fast that juice goes...

So I started building my solar panel factory last night, I also started Collecting EMC to get some Dark Matter (so I can build a flying ring)

Jetpack is cool but it doesn't exactly make building any easier.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 24, 2012, 08:12:14 AM

So I started building my solar panel factory last night, I also started Collecting EMC to get some Dark Matter (so I can build a flying ring)

Try the swiftwolf's rending gale. Sounds like something out of D&D.

I'm still not sure what was up with the lag. My internets have been a tad finicky. And I'm seeing a lot more fraffic than I expect to. I have this little tool that sniffs the network for packets and bins data by IP address, and since last night its seen 378873 different IP addresses. That's insane. Last night I almost thought I might be being DDoSed. But I can't really tell, and the traffic isn't all that heavy, just enough to be annoying. Like a whole crap load of connections, but none of them doing very much. Of course that is one type of DDoS attack. Just open a load of ports, and trickle data, keeping the machine busy. But of course that has to go somewhere... Sadly that tool isn't quite as featurefull as I'd like, I was working on getting it to track network "flows" and L7 protocols. Haven't quite gotten that far yet.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 24, 2012, 11:15:04 AM

Yep, that's what I'm building, so far I have 2.5 dark matter,  I need four of those plus four feathers and an iron ring.

I figure I'll have enough EMC once my build is done haha :)

I really think people would dig EE on the vanilla server actually :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 24, 2012, 11:28:02 AM
Quote from: Tom on July 24, 2012, 11:15:04 AM

Yep, that's what I'm building, so far I have 2.5 dark matter,  I need four of those plus four feathers and an iron ring.

I figure I'll have enough EMC once my build is done haha :)

I really think people would dig EE on the vanilla server actually :)
If you spent some of that on some more collectors you'd probably get to your goal faster. Mk1 collectors aren't all that expensive, and there's a design that uses something like 13 of them. It's pretty slick an generates a diamond every few minutes I think. It also needs 5 relays.

Mr. Analog

Well given that I built my first 5 collectors yesterday I'm inclined to agree. If glowstone wasn't as expensive I would have built a second "flower" :D

I just can't figure out how to send EMC directly from the Antimatter Relay to a Condenser/Transmutation tablet.

Right now I have my Klein Star Ein plugged into the Relay charging up, I convert that to diamonds and then convert that into dark matter.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

How does 378k unique IPs accessing your server compare to normal?  What's the typical, average-ish number of unique IPs per day?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 24, 2012, 01:14:55 PM
Well given that I built my first 5 collectors yesterday I'm inclined to agree. If glowstone wasn't as expensive I would have built a second "flower" :D

I just can't figure out how to send EMC directly from the Antimatter Relay to a Condenser/Transmutation tablet.

Right now I have my Klein Star Ein plugged into the Relay charging up, I convert that to diamonds and then convert that into dark matter.
What I did was have a condenser in the centre of my "flower" arrangement, and pumped the material it was generating out of said condenser, and into an external relay. You could pipe that stuff anywhere else if you wanted to. even another condenser.

Lets see if I can ASCII draw this out...

Layers, from top to bottom
C == Collector
R == Relay
O == Condenser
X == nothing (unless you don't want regular access to the condenser, or a tube/pipe to pull stuff out (tube+retriever is much better here))

C

C
CRC
C

C
CRC
CRORC
CRC
  C

C
CXC
C

You can also put glowstone blocks on top of all the exposed collectors.

Quote from: Thorin on July 24, 2012, 01:17:51 PM
How does 378k unique IPs accessing your server compare to normal?  What's the typical, average-ish number of unique IPs per day?
I don't have long term stats, but when I was writing the bw monitoring thing I was using to get that number, it wasn't nearly that high in such a short time. It never got over 2000-5000 ips in its memory queue at one time, where as last night it was over 20,000-30,000 in memory. That means each of those addresses had seen data within a given timeframe (I can't remember what it averaged out to, it doesn't use a fixed timeout, rather it has a "live" counter that increments up to a max value when a packet is received for a given host, and decremented if there hasn't been any data on the regular update which runs once a second IIRC). Current MAX LIVE setting is 30 minutes since data has last been seen going to, or coming from a given host. But it could time out a host long before that (I think it was averaging 5-15 minutes, but its been a while).

It used to be that the "add host" debug printf would slow down after 5-20 minutes or so, even with torrents running, to where there would rarely be any. As it stands, its pretty constant. Maybe I broke something when I was changing stuff the last time I worked on it... I've added a debug log to say anytime a host has been removed from the in memory hash.

Also, I just stopped deluge. Eventually the connection attempts from the torrents should subside as well. Then we'll see if it was just deluge being weird. I know I didn't see anything like this when using ktorrent.

Mr. Analog

Ah, I thought you couldn't stack blocks on top of a condenser (like a chest) so I put a relay in there

Easily changed around!

thanks
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

We were talking about re-enabling monsters and disabling creeper explosions.

I'm all for this BUT if so I'd like us to start a new world, 'cause nothing I've built has defence capability

Also, in the process of learning I've built some wacky stuff and I'd love to restart with the knowledge I have!

Thoughts? Ideas? Money for me?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 02, 2012, 08:53:22 AM

I'm all for this BUT if so I'd like us to start a new world, 'cause nothing I've built has defence capability

Also, in the process of learning I've built some wacky stuff and I'd love to restart with the knowledge I have!

I dunno, I'm not sure it needs to be restarted. The only mobs I'd be worried about are creepers, and I'd only re-enable mobs if I can nerf creepers. Also interdiction torches.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on August 02, 2012, 10:13:34 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 02, 2012, 08:53:22 AM

I dunno, I'm not sure it needs to be restarted. The only mobs I'd be worried about are creepers, and I'd only re-enable mobs if I can nerf creepers. Also interdiction torches.

Bah!

I say start over!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Oh god! I started reading about computer craft.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
By Grabthar's Hammer