Experimental Tekkit Server

Started by Tom, May 11, 2012, 09:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

OH man! I crafted some light detectors so now my exterior lights all go on and off depending on how light/dark it is :D

I also crafted a Ring of the Harvest Goddess and a dark matter pedestal (my farm is now SUPER farm!)

I built a few teleport pipes to make life easier for my filler machine, there's a lot less lag in my area already, it is very slow going though :-/ maybe I need more engines?

I've also been looking at building some wireless stuff!

Gah, I'm back into this technical shizzle whizzle
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 14, 2012, 07:51:23 PM
OH man! I crafted some light detectors so now my exterior lights all go on and off depending on how light/dark it is :D

I also crafted a Ring of the Harvest Goddess and a dark matter pedestal (my farm is now SUPER farm!)

I built a few teleport pipes to make life easier for my filler machine, there's a lot less lag in my area already, it is very slow going though :-/ maybe I need more engines?

I've also been looking at building some wireless stuff!

Gah, I'm back into this technical shizzle whizzle
The teleport pipes haven't been acting up for you? Let me know if after you add a few more, specially long distance ones, if your client starts crashing.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I don't think world anchors are working (as I hit F9 and only see the boundary for spawn?) but I have had some instability once or twice, so it may be the pipes.

It seems to have gone away for now *shrug*

Ooh I also made a billboard facing some scrubs place ;)

I'm not sure what he was doing but the giant trees are mostly gone and I see a lot of half finished things (or maybe damage? IDK?)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 14, 2012, 08:03:24 PM
I don't think world anchors are working (as I hit F9 and only see the boundary for spawn?) but I have had some instability once or twice, so it may be the pipes.
Depends if you're talking about world anchors or chunk loaders. The former are from Rail Craft and don't have any kind of ui. The latter are from.. I can't remember which mod they are from, but they will show you which chunks are loaded. Sadly I had issues with chunk loaders not actually working with my build craft stuff and teleport pipes, so I had to resort to world anchors which seemed to work fine.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 14, 2012, 08:03:24 PM
It seems to have gone away for now *shrug*

Ooh I also made a billboard facing some scrubs place ;)

I'm not sure what he was doing but the giant trees are mostly gone and I see a lot of half finished things (or maybe damage? IDK?)
I removed a few of the large rubber trees because they annoy the @%&# out of me. But that was a while ago.

Mr. Analog

Hnmm, well I'm using the RailCraft world anchor (http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/World_Anchor ) and apparently you can "see" the boundaries when F9 is used (although I can't).

Anyway, I just had another major crash, it seems to really spike CPU on the client for some reason, but at random intervals.

Either way I built a TON of cool stuff in the last couple of days.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 15, 2012, 12:02:48 AM
Hnmm, well I'm using the RailCraft world anchor (http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/World_Anchor ) and apparently you can "see" the boundaries when F9 is used (although I can't).
I'm not sure thats an option with the version we have? Or at least its a tekkit bug. I've never been able to see the boundaries with the world anchor.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 15, 2012, 12:02:48 AM
Anyway, I just had another major crash, it seems to really spike CPU on the client for some reason, but at random intervals.

Either way I built a TON of cool stuff in the last couple of days.
:)

Mr. Analog

After I mostly filled in the one big hole I found that lag has droppeed off quite a bit in my area. So I'll be filling the others as well. I just wish the filler wasn't so darn slow!

I'm going to start building my factory sometime this week I think and then set up a store complete with Vend-O-Mats :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I installed OptiFine and as I was going through my settings turns out I had draw distance set to EXTREME FAR... so that's why I was getting such turbo-lag

Nearly done filling the massive quarry hole, I will be building my solar panel factory soon I think.

I have a lot of Red Matter accumulated, time to start building crazy stuff!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 26, 2012, 09:41:54 AM
I installed OptiFine and as I was going through my settings turns out I had draw distance set to EXTREME FAR... so that's why I was getting such turbo-lag

Nearly done filling the massive quarry hole, I will be building my solar panel factory soon I think.

I have a lot of Red Matter accumulated, time to start building crazy stuff!
Just a note, once FTB has a version with RedPower 2 and EE3, we're erasing that map. But it may be a while. Although, my server has more than enough juice to run a third mc server, so I can keep the old Tekkit server arround.

Mr. Analog

I don't mind restarting as long as other people play.

While fun it gets a bit boring without other people...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 26, 2012, 09:47:58 AM
I don't mind restarting as long as other people play.

While fun it gets a bit boring without other people...
Indeed. Sev pretty much doesn't play If I don't. And I really haven't felt like it. I will again probably.

In the vanila server I'm going to work on making my own enchantment table \o/ I enchanted my first pick the other day. Got Silk Touch, Efficiency III, and Unbreaking IV (it may be the other way around, I can't remember). Pretty darn good for my first pick :) I really wanted fortune, but silk touch is very nice. I'll have to visit a mob spawner to get a quick 30 levels to try again. Don't want to waste the silk touch if I can help it. Best way to get grass growing in weird places, among other things.

Mr. Analog

Enchanting stuff is the best, yes! So many great stackable bonuses. And now that XP gathering is a lot easier/faster there's no real cost to doing it.

Brewing potions is also very rewarding.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I found if you're mining for materials like iron, coal, or even just cobble to turn into smooth stone, you don't even need an XP farm.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 26, 2012, 03:40:23 PM
I found if you're mining for materials like iron, coal, or even just cobble to turn into smooth stone, you don't even need an XP farm.
Probably, but I don't really expect to go spelunking too much in the near future unless I start doing some crazy stuff.

Mr. Analog

...like gathering resources?

Actually now that we have a white-listed server I guess we should de-op each other.

...also that sounds gross for some reason...
By Grabthar's Hammer