Experimental Tekkit Server

Started by Tom, May 11, 2012, 09:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 26, 2012, 04:05:05 PM
...like gathering resources?

Actually now that we have a white-listed server I guess we should de-op each other.

...also that sounds gross for some reason...
I only need to gather resources if I get around to a serious project or two, which I don't have on the books at the moment. Just going to setup my first enchantment table, then get to doing some other stuff maybe. Not sure yet.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

You actually want to be de-opped?  The only time I've switched into creative was for that piston elevator, and that was only because I needed to test it in survival multiplayer.  I plan on taking it down in creative so I don't get any of the materials in my survival inventory (no cheating for me).

Tom, if you need something to build, come online when Mr. A or I are on and help us build our stuff :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 26, 2012, 04:10:40 PM
Fix your house!
Quote from: Thorin on November 26, 2012, 04:09:47 PM
You actually want to be de-opped?  The only time I've switched into creative was for that piston elevator, and that was only because I needed to test it in survival multiplayer.  I plan on taking it down in creative so I don't get any of the materials in my survival inventory (no cheating for me).

Tom, if you need something to build, come online when Mr. A or I are on and help us build our stuff :)
Lol.

Actually I might work on my house. There's a thing called upside down steps, and joint steps now :o That could make a huge difference. Make a couple command blocks to join my mine and my house.

Mr. Analog

Aww yeah

Actually I think I'll keep Op status just so I can fly, I take a lot of screenshots while flying.

I wish there was a magical flying ring in vanilla, Swiftwolf's Rending Gale is so awesome...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 26, 2012, 04:13:17 PM
Aww yeah

Actually I think I'll keep Op status just so I can fly, I take a lot of screenshots while flying.

I wish there was a magical flying ring in vanilla, Swiftwolf's Rending Gale is so awesome...
Which I think is going away in EE3. :( something will replace it probably, but it won't be the same.

Mr. Analog

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT

It's like the 3rd best thing about EE

Jetpacks would be better if they let you hover...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 26, 2012, 04:22:52 PM
WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT

It's like the 3rd best thing about EE

Jetpacks would be better if they let you hover...
EE is completely changing for version 3. The condensor and the transmutation tablet are both gone in their current form as well. I don't yet know whats replacing them.

Mr. Analog

Pff, screw that noise it might as well be another mod at that rate.

Really those are the only useful items of Equivalent Exchange.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 26, 2012, 05:38:00 PM
Pff, screw that noise it might as well be another mod at that rate.

Really those are the only useful items of Equivalent Exchange.
I'm sure there will be ways of doing the same things. Just maybe not as "OP".

Mr. Analog

Like the flying pants that don't fly?

Or the armor that makes you impervious to hunger?

Really all I want out of Equivalent Exchange is the transmutation tablet and the condenser because then it's a fair trade of material for material.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 26, 2012, 07:24:05 PM
Like the flying pants that don't fly?

Or the armor that makes you impervious to hunger?

Really all I want out of Equivalent Exchange is the transmutation tablet and the condenser because then it's a fair trade of material for material.
Many of the bugs you mention are fixed in newer versions of the mods that Tekkit is way behind on.

From what I gather, EE is going to become even closer to Alchemy than it was in the past. So there may be a bit more work involved, but there will still be fair exchange. I /think/ things have "aspects" that can be mixed and matched to get other things. That is instead of just a raw EMC number. Or at least thats what I seem to recall about EE3.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1540010-equivalent-exchange-3-pre1d/

QuoteRed Matter has been removed
Collectors have been removed
Condensers have been removed. A suitable replacement with new mechanics will be added in the future.
The Destruction Catalyst/Hyperkinetic Lens have been removed
The EMC system will remain, but it will be changed to accomodate new and more interesting mechanics
There will be a method to move EMC around in "wires"
More configuration options will be available to both players and server admins
EE3 will feature an API, which is not complete at this time
A transmutation system similiar to the Transmutation Tablet will exist, but is not ready to be disclosed at this time

I think we can expect it to allow very similar things, but as a complete mod, it may actually be fun by itself now, rather than just a grind to get the collectors and condenser, and then infinite diamonds for the rest of time.

Mr. Analog

They should call it the "We Took Everything Fun Out of EE" Update

Now I'm glad we didn't add it.

Expect lots of quarry holes LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 26, 2012, 07:47:05 PM
They should call it the "We Took Everything Fun Out of EE" Update

Now I'm glad we didn't add it.

Expect lots of quarry holes LOL
No quarries on the main overworld. Mystcraft mining world /only/ kthx.

It's really just a different version of EE. EE1 to EE2 was a big jump. EE2 to EE3 is going to be a big jump as well. I can't imagine that they'd just totally remove that functionality and never return it. EE is all about transmutation. You can't not have transmutation in something that is all abut equivalent exchange. It will just be different. And possibly more fun. EMC transportation over wires? :o yes please.

I'm sorta kinda working my way through the thread I linked to.. But so far its a lot of "Thanks!" and "YOUR AN IJUT FOR REMOVING STUFF FROM YOUR OWN MOD!". But Pahimar (the mod author) has been interspersing info into it.

Mr. Analog

Well as long as converting EMC is easy once you craft the equipment and not some stupid ass process, that's why no one brews potions in Minecraft vanilla, it's a pain in the butt for negligible returns.
By Grabthar's Hammer