Main Menu

Hellblade

Started by Melbosa, November 23, 2017, 11:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

How'd I miss this one till today: http://store.steampowered.com/app/414340/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/... from the makers of Heavenly Sword... YES PLEASE!  Although I might get this one on PS4 just for old times sake (Heavenly Sword was a PS3 Launch Title)
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

This intrigues me even more:

QuoteAnd yet, like most of Hellblade, combat is still a tense experience knowing that dying too many times (in or out of combat) will cause your save to be deleted and you?ll be forced to start from the beginning. While that might sound draconian in execution, its tie-ins to the story are concrete, reinforcing a system where failure carries meaning rather than simply acting like a gimmick to artificially inflate difficulty. And though I don't think I ever got close to having my save data destroyed, every time I got close to dying carried much more weight and impact with this knowledge.
Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/08/08/hellblade-senuas-sacrifice-review

Mr. Analog

HOW DID THIS SLIP PAST ME!?!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on November 23, 2017, 01:18:52 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 23, 2017, 01:15:22 PM
HOW DID THIS SLIP PAST ME!?!
I know right!!!!!!

Installing now... dang I just bought The Mummy demastered (for Switch)

Good thing I beat Mario Odyssey last weekend...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Well it is in my steam library now as well.  Last I saw something on this game it was a tech demo

Lazybones

Amazing visuals and audio so far.. not really digging the control so much, might try switching to a controller instead of KBM.

Melbosa

I've been playing on PS4Pro.  I agree on the audio and visual part, and the PS4's controller adds in some lighting feedback which is very cool.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on November 27, 2017, 10:06:46 AM
I've been playing on PS4Pro.  I agree on the audio and visual part, and the PS4's controller adds in some lighting feedback which is very cool.

Looking forward to trying it, I opened it up briefly - it looks (and sounds) really good
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I haven't gone back around to play more yet.. have any of you?

Melbosa

I've played a bit more... took out the Fire God so far.  Good thing boss battles don't count towards the death virus stuff... or at least doesn't appear too.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on December 14, 2017, 03:03:44 PM
I haven't gone back around to play more yet.. have any of you?

Its intense as @%&# but also kinda glitchy in parts, I haven't really felt well enough to play a lot of games recently.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

Awesome

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer