omg, could this actually be a "reboot" of an 80s classic that is BETTER?

Started by Darren Dirt, September 06, 2013, 01:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I did not see it after a bunch of bad reviews/opinions and not actually caring that much. :o  probably eventually will watch it, but its a "when i get around to it" kind of thing.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 15, 2015, 07:44:07 PM
I did not see it after a bunch of bad reviews/opinions and not actually caring that much. :o  probably eventually will watch it, but its a "when i get around to it" kind of thing.

If the original didn't exist it would have been okay

But the original exists and is WAY more:
-Interesting
-Violent
-Social commentary (!!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on September 15, 2015, 07:44:07 PM

I figured.

Just like "Dredd" (starring That Actor Who Channelled Deforest Kelley In The New Star Trek) -- I had virtually no interest in seeing it leading up to its release, did not even both to watch a trailer.

Then on Netflix earlier this month I watched it and HOLY CRAP nice to see that property get a "Hard R" treatment!  8)  Was a pleasant surprise; at times cheesy and scenery-chewing and over-the-top (but not in a safe harmless Stallone kind of way) ... reviewers* be damned I found myself grinning a lot, and of course also quite a few cringe moments too. Overall gotta say it delivered.

*http://www.metacritic.com/movie/dredd from the CRITICS the reviews = low but from USERS/AUDIENCE = high!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

DREDD is the Judge Dredd movie we SHOULD have had, don't confuse that with the new Robocop echh
By Grabthar's Hammer